When to choose my guild (chapter one)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Negatyfus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When to choose my guild (chapter one)

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but I'm wondering. This is what got to me in Gothic 1 too, since I wanted to be the best and see everything first. I'm pretty sure I want to be a mercenary, for nostalgic reasons since I joined the New Camp in Gothic 1. Also, it seems like the most fun.

However, I'm wondering when I should decide to join them. Currently, I have done all the quests required to get in. I am at level 8, but the walkthrough suggests that a realistic level for chapter one would be 1-18. Should I keep leveling up, trying to find more quests? I have missed a couple due to failed quests and decisions I made. I'm missing out on a lot of stuff. Can't... deal...!

Anyway... I'm scared to join. Scared I will miss out on too much. What is a good moment to go ahead? Maybe I should check out Khorinis some more first, completing the quests needed to become militia? I can't join the Thieves guild anymore, because of a failed A Brazen Thief quest. That broke my heart.

But joining the mercs at level 8? What do you say? What stuff would you have done before joining anything?
Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:31 am
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Last edited by DarkWeaver on Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:04 am
Negatyfus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

First of all, and I don't mean to be offensive, but use some punctuation man! I can't read fuck of what you posted. Secondly, using the walkthrough on the Gothic games actually makes me enjoy the game more. I'm not sure if I'm gonna play the game more than once, but I want to get the best experience from the game anyhow. The walkthrough lets me do that. It's not like an adventure game where you get told exactly what to do. I just know more of my options. It's cool that you think I'm stupid for it, but it's just a matter of taste. I actually find the game more enjoyable like this.

I've already put 15-20 hours in the game, so I'm not too fond of your suggestion to start over.
Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:50 am
Furious_Templar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: When to choose my guild (chapter one)

quote:
Originally posted by Negatyfus
I can't join the Thieves guild anymore, because of a failed A Brazen Thief quest. That broke my heart.

No matter in what way did you do brazen thief quest you still can join the thieves guild.Just tell me did you reported Rengaru or not and I will tell you what to do next.

You can join the guild whenever you want, but try completing chapter 1 on at least 15 level.There are so much things to do, beasts to kill.Before joining the guild complete as much taks as you can for every 3 guild(this doesn't work for mages 'cause when you give 1000 gold and sheep and enter the monastery you become one of them).
Killing gives you the most experience in chapter 1.If you are a paladin or mercenary in chapter 1 you can kill everything(mages are very weak against undead, but wait till you get rune death to the undead).
And also complete every quest you have in your quest log 'cause many of then will disappear when advancing to chapter 2(except the eye of Innos,information for Garvell,snappers claws).
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:46 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Try to join the Thiefs guild(its a side guild).They 'll give you tasks.
Also read books in stands you get 25EX each of them just for reading.
In Xardas' new tower are a lot of books in stands you should have 150EX at the very begging just from reading the books.
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:45 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe

Also read books in stands you get 25EX each of them just for reading.
In Xardas' new tower are a lot of books in stands you should have 150EX at the very begging just from reading the books.

You get 250 per book if you wait til ch 5 though. Missed one by accident first go around.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:47 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: When to choose my guild (chapter one)

Save your game before talking to any guild leaders just in case you commit to a guild before you want to. Then don't commit until you have done evry possible thing in Chapter 1. Once you do decide, you will get more quests before the chapter ends. Check you status screen to see when you have officailly joined.

If you can't deal with having missed out on a lot, restart:) I must have played each chapter twice through. I restarted when I was well into chapter one. It was fun the second time too. Did you know you can sneak into the castle and do Lobart's quests and get credit for entering both ways? See the walkthrough.

quote:
Originally posted by Negatyfus
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but I'm wondering. This is what got to me in Gothic 1 too, since I wanted to be the best and see everything first. I'm pretty sure I want to be a mercenary, for nostalgic reasons since I joined the New Camp in Gothic 1. Also, it seems like the most fun.

However, I'm wondering when I should decide to join them. Currently, I have done all the quests required to get in. I am at level 8, but the walkthrough suggests that a realistic level for chapter one would be 1-18. Should I keep leveling up, trying to find more quests? I have missed a couple due to failed quests and decisions I made. I'm missing out on a lot of stuff. Can't... deal...!

Anyway... I'm scared to join. Scared I will miss out on too much. What is a good moment to go ahead? Maybe I should check out Khorinis some more first, completing the quests needed to become militia? I can't join the Thieves guild anymore, because of a failed A Brazen Thief quest. That broke my heart.

But joining the mercs at level 8? What do you say? What stuff would you have done before joining anything?

Post Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:44 pm