Blizzard North To Move To Irvine HQ
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

Blizzard North To Move To Irvine HQ

Blue's News is <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=59000" target="_blanK">reporting</a> that Blizzard has announced plans to "<em>centralize its PC development teams at the studio's Irvine headquarters</em>". The press release goes on to state that "<em> a majority of the staff from Blizzard's Northern California office will have an opportunity to relocate to the company's Irvine office, where they will continue work on an unannounced project</em>". <br> <br>Hmmm... <em>continue</em> and <em>unannounced</em> sounds an awful lot like 'Diablo III' though it could be anything, of course. <br>However, the recent mention of the 5th anniversary of the release of 'Diablo II', the release of patch 1.11 for 'Diablo II' and expansions... there's something in the air.
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:26 am
urkel

"Hmmm... continue and unannounced sounds an awful lot like 'Diablo III'"

Yes, every time I hear those words, I automatically think Diablo III.

Seriously, yeah, it's probably D III they're talking about. I wonder, though, what kind of effect this move will have on the game.
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:29 am

Mystery_Guy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think Diablo has such a powerful effect on gamers that if they were to mention that it was in development (and has been for quite some time) there would be so many drooling fanboys spamming their forums that the place would shut down. They don't need the 3,000 posts everyday asking, "WHAT'S THE RELEASE DATE???", do they? No. Better to keep it secret. Until the PC Gamer expose, anyway.

My question is, will the game still be isometric or will they finally go 3D with it? I'm hoping it stays Isometric, for many reasons.
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:34 am
XVampireX
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

For some reason, I doubt that this will be Diablo 3. But lets just hope it will be!
Also, I hope that Blizzard will make Diablo 3 a much more moddable game, even as much as Dungeon Siege is.

Lets cross our fingers for this one and wish Blizzard good luck at whatever they're making
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:45 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

OH MY GOD!!!! I HOPE IT IS DIABLO III. THAT WOULD BE SO RADICAL!!!! I LUV D3 4-EVA!!!! I LUV TO CLICK 4-EVA!!! DIABLO IS SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICEXPEALADOCIOSE!!!! I LUV TO SPELL GOOD!!! AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!! I LUV CAPITAL LETTERS AND LONG WALKS ON THE BEACH ON A STAR LIT NIGHT AND PICNICS WITH MY SOUL MATE!!!!
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:20 am
niteshade
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

There have been many hints in the past that Blizzard was working on D3. It's hard to imagine what else it could be really, unless it was something completely new. It's been about the right amount of time since D2 for a new release, and there should not be any doubt that they are planning a new one at some point.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:43 pm