Members
Usergroups
I can't talk with anyone!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
KCpunker

I can't talk with anyone!

I have a terrible problem. When I saved my game I couldn't talk to anyone. I would hit control and up and we just look at each other. then I have to hit tab to be able to move again. People tell me to get out of their huts and they still get angry when I pull out a weapon on them but I can't have a conversation with anyone. Also, I'm not sur eif this helps but if I attack someone most people just stand thier with thier weapon out. When I walk around I also catch a quick glimpse of the bottom floor of the old camp under the cage floor, above the what looks like the dungeon. I'm not even in the old camp though. I'm in the new one.
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:49 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Sounds really bad.
If all your savegames show the same behaviour you could try to reinstall the game. Maybe something got corrupted.
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:06 pm
TRoosevelt_26
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh no...I just had (am having) the same problem. I have two saves (not room for more, since both my brothers as well as myself are playing) and both are corrupted. It happened to me last night, and I went back one save. Well, now both of mine are corrupted. In the first I am standing outside the barred gate to the Old Camp (back entrance), about to change into a mealbug so I can go underneath and kill the rotten Old Campers (I'm in Chapter 4: Xardas). In the second, I've cleaned out most of the outer ring of the Old Camp and am around a corner from Thorus. When I load the first, I can't frob (sorry, Thief...) use the winch to open the gate (I can use it, but neither gate will open), and in the second, Thorus is frozen with his weapon out.

If I don't fix these I will have to load a backup from just before I joined the Old Camp and became a Shadow (from Level 18 to Level 5). This is HORRIBLE.

Help!

Help!

Help!
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:15 am
TRoosevelt_26
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh well, I guess I am going to have to go back to my Level 5 backup (I will certainly be backing up every day from now on).

Mr. HTMLman16, you are going to be so darned far ahead of me it won't even be funny. Have fun and think of me in college, frustratedly rekilling all the stupid goblins for Talas, etc.

Ha ha! I can get the Shrike's Hut quest right this time, though, and I certainly won't spend SPs on pickpocketing.

Good luck,
Jonathan
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 4:50 pm
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Have you tried exiting and restarting the game? It worked for me with the same problem...
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:51 pm
TRoosevelt_26
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Crud....never tried it, but I am now back after nineteen hours of playing. I am just about to join the New Camp (how can I do that, BTW, from being a kicked-out OPld Camper who is at LEvel 3 magic?) and go find Xardas. I'll try it with my bad savegames (saved 'em), though. Thanks...
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:28 pm