Usergroups
Gothic Sucks
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Okay guys, do you have anything new to add or shall we end this discussion?
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:56 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

In case you didn't notice, Gothic did have certificates- an elspa 15 rating and some other country gave it an 18 raing. By those ages, people should have enough sense to realise that it is a game. I notice that you had no problem with half naked women dancing around the place, or is that acceptable in modern society?

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:59 pm
Parcival
Rightful Heir To The Throne
Rightful Heir To The Throne

quote:
Originally posted by Navaros
(...)i have pointed out to you all with great detail and irrefutable evidence why the game you like so much is without question an almost-worthless POS, namely, Gothic.

I' m sorry, your holiness. Im not impressed by the evidence.

quote:

some of you say the music in Gothic is "a matter of taste". This is not so.

Sorry? Please read this sentence again and think about what your saying.

quote:

Anyone who is not deeply offended by the fact that Gothic flagrantly encourages all players to fry their brains with illegal drugs in real life is an immoral person.

Please, fight your senseless war on drug somewhere else. You might question my morality; I am offended by your lack of respect for other peoples opinions. You seem to be incapable of any form of sensitive communication.

To my own surprise I feel the urge to say some words in your defence. You seem to be frustrated and I think it happens to all of us (not over Gothic, of course ). A game is anounced, goes Gold, is reviewed awfully well, you run to the store, you but it you play and play... and then it happens. Your ' sharkjump' . No full speach? No doors that swing open? No clear story that is told? Are these the breathless graphics they wrote about? What is this for flying pudding - I want a giant rat! Etctera. (you can make your own list).
I had this a bit with morrowind and definitly with Summoner1. (I broke the cd and threw the box out of my window...)
So i dont blame you for your frustration. I wont say you have to like the game. I even think it is quite healty that there is at least some 'couterweight' to the too-much-%-reviews. I think new buyers/players deserve a well balenced description and judgement of the game and such is hard to get.

But is that what these boards are all about? No! In a forum, the people who want to have a dialogue can ask questions or exchange their views.
If you want your review to prevent people from buying the game, place it in the review option on amazon of place it on mobygames.com. They will welcome you, whatever your opinion is.

Yours,

Parcival
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:38 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

omg, 3 pages later you're still feeding the troll...
boy this guy knows how to push all your buttons
lock this thread up already, nothing to see here
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:49 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

End of discussion.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:57 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3