Can't crush Mithril ore!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
krisd5
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Can't crush Mithril ore!

After I knock out the hellhound, the crusher doesn't work any more. It just smokes. I can't break the mithril, this sucks. I tried starting over but everytime the same thing, when I pull the lever to uncover the lava, the hellhound dissapears and the crusher becomes unusable. ie lever does nothing. Any help? I hate to ask this but, is this a bug?
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:19 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

That's a new one, never heard of that one... Did you close the lava trap though? I never always closed it before doing anything else, it migh have changed things...

Course you DID place the power stone in it right?
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:33 pm
krisd5
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dang it! I didn't want to hear that. Yea the power stone is in it, that's how I knocked out the hellhound. Man, I tried it with the grate open and closed. The second time I did it I made sure to do everything exactly like the walkthrough says, including read the dwarf book on mining before going and pulling the lever. It's almost like the Hellhound just falls through the floor and then it makes that smoke like its dead, but then the crusher doesn't work anymore. STUCK. Is my game over or what?
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:44 pm
julien roby@arkane studio
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hi,

No bug here. You'll find a fifth power stone in this level tp make the crusher work again.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:01 pm
krisd5
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I noticed that a while ago. I figured I had already powerd the thing up and didn't need to do it again. Thanks for the help though.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:46 am