Enchant Master Problem
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Enchant Master Problem

I know he's basically hostile. But If I approach him inviisble, boosted by Two Bug Musks, he "greets me warmly". I then bribe him 5,000 gold just in case. He can't like me better than 100, which is where he is at. He will train me exactly ONCE, and then attacks me. This has happened about six times now, and it makes no sense because, as I say, he can't like me any bettter than 100%.

How on earth can I make this work?. Enchant is a minor skill and I really, really need to get higher in the skill for levelling up purposes.

Why does he revert to hostility? How do I get this to stop? Surely I have overcome the main puzzle involved in this instance, which is to get to him before he attacks.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:09 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Well, training takes 2 hours or so game time, so probably what's happening is that the bug musk wears off.

I would get him to like you at 50-70%, and then use persuasion to admire him into the 90s. The disposition gain you get with "admire" is permanent.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:44 am
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

But I bribed him 5,000 gold right after I got his attention. Surely that would get his disposition up????

Since he loves me with the bug musk, and then on top of that I give him a small ransom in gold, would that not do the trick? Or do people become hostile after the bug musk? Because I cannot see how he could be hostile, otherwise. It just doesn't make sense. And I don't know how to get to talk to him without using the bug musk - nothing else seems to work

SO exactly what steps are need to get his disposition up , right from the part where you sneak up on him?
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:03 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah

I think you're right - whatever you do to get him up to 100 disposition, once the bug musk wears off his disposition will drop again. Try using a scroll of Calm Humanoid instead.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:09 am
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I may be wrong about this, but I think bribing gives a temporary disposition rise, while admiring gives a permanent one. That's why I suggest using admire. Base disposition may still drop after the bug musk wears off, but you should still get the bonus from admire.

It would certainly also be worth trying "calm humanoid" (which should stop him attacking) and "charm" (to raise his disposition and lower the price) in some combination. These are both temporary too, so you would have to re-cast them after each training session.

I haven't dealt with this particular character myself, so can't give a sure-fire recipe.

Note though that it isn't supposed to be easy to train skills to 100.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:49 pm
D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

Nothing will help you. I calmed him, got his disposition to 100 with admiring (and bribing is permament too!), trained but he again attacked.
The problem is that if you attacked ANY monster/NPC in that level he is agressive to you. So i have read.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I could never get him to be non-agressive. But, when I got him in the water, I could get just close enough to him from behind to be able to "Click" on him and get him to train me.

A real pain in the behind, since he is the only "Master" of Enchanting.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:42 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I guess I'll have to try again at some point, but as I am rich beyond belief in this game I guess it really doesn't matter. Still, it would have been fun.
Post Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:44 am