Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Story of Diego, Gorn, Milten, et al & Where is Pedro?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Kranky
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Story of Diego, Gorn, Milten, et al & Where is Pedro?

Hey all, I'm in Chapter 3 and I had 2 questions for those that have played both Gothic games.

1.) I never played Gothic 1 but apparently Diego, Gorn, Milten, Lee and someone else were in the first game. Was my character a career criminal? A real bad guy? Did these guys know my main character before the game began or did he meet them while exploring? I was just curious, because a lot of Gothic 2 seems to pickup right where Gothic 1 left off and I wanted to know a little more of the story so I could get into the RPG tale more.

2.) This is laziness and I'm sure I could talk a to a few more people and explore a little but can anyone give me a hint for place to start looking for Pedro. The only reason I ask is because I spent forever trekking around the mine valley and didn't want to repeat the same experience. Good game but one thing that bores me in an RPG is lots and lots of roaming and killing. hehe I like the story to start progressing after a while or access to major quests.

Thanks for the help and info.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:30 am
zemlem
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

1.) its been a while but from wut i remember they never tell u what u did to get in the colony, its starts off with them throwing u in, and u meet all those people when u get in. and i think the other person your thinking of is dexter.

2.) from wut i know only at the start to become a mage later u can meet pedro at the main gate of the monastary, but if u find him for the eye of innos u wont, u need to get to the circle of the sun, to get there go to the hunter near the black troll go left under the overhang of rock and a little ways through there you will see the rings of stone and rings of red gas.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:55 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Everybody except fire mages was a convict in Gothic 1.
Diego, Gorn, Milten and Lester are your friends. Lee is an honorable man, a former general in the kingīs army who ended up in the prison colony.

You should play G1. Itīs almost as good as G2.

Donīt waste your time seeking Pedro. Youīll find him automatically later.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:16 am
Robin_Hood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes you will find him later....and yes you should play Gothic 1 its a great game.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:46 am
yeberion
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

deigo milten lester and gorn were all from different camps in gothic 1, deigo was a shadow in the main camp, milten was a fire mage in the main camp also, milten was a novice in the swamp camp who have become the seekers in gothic 2 and gorn was a merc in a rogue camp which lee was in charge of, most of the mercs on onars farm were in gothic 1 eg cipher torlof jarvis buster and wolf, and lares who is in khorinis. Anger that you meet in the valley was also in gothic 1 he was cor angar a high rank in the swamp camp of the colony. In gothic 1 you go in as a nobody but the people in gothic 2 that remember you were ppl you eventually become friends with, the main ones being deigo milten lester and gorn as they all helped you with a major quest in gothic 1. What the hero did to become a prisoner no one knows but i have a suspicion its to do with an accidental murder as he makes a comment about it to one of the dragon hunters.
Hope that gives you a little background.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:36 am
yeberion
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
give me a hint for place to start looking for Pedro

go to the monastary gate, when ur lookin at the door of the monastary go to your right and jump into the river, follow it down and you will see a tramp and he will comment about 2 ppl running, follow the path untill you get to the hunter then ask him, hell prolyl ask you to kill some snappers for him, then go the direction he tells you and you will see 2 thugs, dont talk to them either kill them if u think ur strong enough or just walk past them into the forest, keep to your right and you should run into a seeker and then you will see a stone circle with a bunch of seekers there, kill them and get the eye of innos but dont bother looking for pedro.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:41 am
Kranky
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by yeberion
deigo milten lester and gorn were all from different camps in gothic 1, deigo was a shadow in the main camp, milten was a fire mage in the main camp also, milten was a novice in the swamp camp who have become the seekers in gothic 2 and gorn was a merc in a rogue camp which lee was in charge of, most of the mercs on onars farm were in gothic 1 eg cipher torlof jarvis buster and wolf, and lares who is in khorinis. Anger that you meet in the valley was also in gothic 1 he was cor angar a high rank in the swamp camp of the colony. In gothic 1 you go in as a nobody but the people in gothic 2 that remember you were ppl you eventually become friends with, the main ones being deigo milten lester and gorn as they all helped you with a major quest in gothic 1. What the hero did to become a prisoner no one knows but i have a suspicion its to do with an accidental murder as he makes a comment about it to one of the dragon hunters.
Hope that gives you a little background.

Thank you sir. Nice short summary. I may end up purchasing Gothic 1 after I finish the sequel. I'll play Gothic in Star Wars mode. I'll play the prequel last.
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:03 pm