Should I save the shrinking scroll?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
THX1138
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Should I save the shrinking scroll?

The XP for the Troll is nice, but I wonder if this scroll will serve me better down the road.
I just started playing again with some saves from about a year ago. I have no idea why I stopped!
I had racked up 9 levels and about 11 hours just wandering anywhere i could reach. Now when I am finally allowed into the Old camp everyone I talk to starts by asking if I want more trouble with them. What did I do!?

In the last two days I've done at least that much, gone up three more levels, and made it to Shadow. I love that armor! Now I just have to upgrade from the Orc Hammer, and I'll be rockin!

I have opted to leave the Thug camp for another day. I want to clean up some orcs! I hope I can finish by the time Gothic 2 comes out!

Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:56 pm
Dybbuk
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: Should I save the shrinking scroll?

quote:
Originally posted by THX1138

I have opted to leave the Thug camp for another day. I want to clean up some orcs! I hope I can finish by the time Gothic 2 comes out!

You could always do what I did, pack a load of bolts and climb up the mountain next to the orc camp and take out the entire camp

It sure took a while to kill them all not to mention get over the mountain, but its possible (on the left side when you are facing the bridge).
Post Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:44 pm
CrimsonJam
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Nah, you don't really need the shrinking scroll later on. In fact, I never use it.
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:41 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

One or two scrolls could come in handy later on..
(spoiler):
Once you get the Ulu-Mulu quest, It'll be tough to beat the troll without it.. but not impossible. Aw, remember, it's not a baby troll you're fighting then..
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:43 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

You don't absolutely have to use the Shrink Monster scroll, but it sure makes the Troll a lot easier! Up to you how much of a fight you want from him.

RE: NPC's asking if you want more trouble. You may have beat them up previously. Possibly if you were caught stealing from them. Even though you beat the pants off them, if you speak to them again later, they'll come out with the "You want more trouble with me?" thing. Don't worry about it. They'll all be running in fear from you later.
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:54 am
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

nah by the time you get to the part past when diego gives you the shrinking scroll the next time you find a troll you should be good enough to fight it head on, there is also more glory their, just get about 65 strength and an at least 65 damage weapon then your good to go, but if you really wanna have fun save your spell for a swampshark, shrink it, then it looks like an itty bitty wormy
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:34 am
THX1138
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks much!
I will shrink the troll and take the 2000 XP.
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:37 am
Taxen0
Higher Emperor
Higher Emperor

hi

you dont need the shrinking scroll.
if you need one and your first is used you can brought one in the
swamp camp.
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:59 am
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Re: Should I save the shrinking scroll?

quote:
Originally posted by THX1138
The XP for the Troll is nice, but I wonder if this scroll will serve me better down the road.
I just started playing again with some saves from about a year ago. I have no idea why I stopped!
I had racked up 9 levels and about 11 hours just wandering anywhere i could reach. Now when I am finally allowed into the Old camp everyone I talk to starts by asking if I want more trouble with them. What did I do!?

In the last two days I've done at least that much, gone up three more levels, and made it to Shadow. I love that armor! Now I just have to upgrade from the Orc Hammer, and I'll be rockin!

It sounds like your doing well for only being a shadow. I was only level five or six when i became one.
Post Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:27 pm