first morag tong quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

first morag tong quest

you know the one where they ask you to kill a guy from the elven nations corner club? well they said i have to do it honorably. but how do i do it if the guy wont let me speak to him (and hence taunt him until he attacks me so i can kill him legally)? he says something like "i dont like the way you're looking at me" and your only option is to say goodbye. so far the only way i've been able to kill him is in cold blooded murder. any tips?
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:29 pm

Kill him. No reason to talk.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:20 pm

His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

ah but that wouldnt be honourable. i'm asking for a way in which to kill him either without commiting a crime, or without getting caught for comitting one.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:37 pm

You got a writ, so it's legal. Just whack him and tell the guards you're on Goverment business.

Watch you don't lose your hot gear to them though. First time I did that quest I ended up naked cos the bastard guard took all my 'borrowed' glass armor.

Get the plugin that stops this. I use it and it works great.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:42 pm

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

What's it called, good sir?
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 9:51 pm

A plugin to stop guards from taking your gear? Now that's really cheap, IMHO. Oh well, to each his own.

To the original poster: do like you do whenever you want to goad an NPC into attacking you: rob him. Doesn't matter if you actually get anything. 1-3 tries should be enough to get him angry enough to attack. Problem solved. And apparently it's honorable enough

Or you might try magicka like 'enrage humanoid' (?). No idea if that would work, though. I haven't tried it so far.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:23 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

No, no, no. That plug-in only stops guards from taking your stuff when you have a Morag Tong "writ," which should make your hit completely legal.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:32 am
Guest Dare

I use Telvanni Bug Musk for this kind of problem. It seems to always work well enough for them to at least speak to me long enough to taunt them.
Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:59 am

crazyj

good tactic

Hey I killed this first guy honorably without anyone knowing. My class is an assasin. What i did was go near the stairs and use an item that gives you chameleon ability. Then sneak. I used a bow from the corner and shot him in the head. Nobody detected me and i ran out of the room. No guards came and I went back to the guy that gave the quest and he said I did it honorably
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:00 am

His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

it's ok now, i simply walked up to him and killed him. then handed over the writs. y'see i didnt know you were able to do that at first and i didnt want to lose any cash or experience. so anyway i still had to pick the nearest evidence chest i could find in order to get most of my gear back. job done.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:23 am