1h swords question
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Antares
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi all!
My first post on the forum, so here goes...
I'm @ level 10 now, still in chapter 1.
I've joined the new camp.
I've entered the castle to give the letter to the firemages. But since I'm a new camper I'm not allowed inside the orebaron's house. So I won't be able to get Scar's sword I guess
Does anyone know of a (more or less) good alternative for Scrars sword this early in the game? I do have the 71dmg twohander from the templar guy in the sect camp. It's a great blade, but it's a litle to slow for everything that's not killed in one blow.
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:56 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

Lares( rogue leader) + trainer 1 handed weapons in the new camp have a good 1 handed weapon, you have to beed them up for it.

You can also try to find the orc hammer (50 damage, one handed).
You have to kill bloodhounds to reach it.
On the way to the sect camp you see a bridge, (across the bridge are black goblins).
Go futher untill you above that bridge, there you can find it, it's in a cave. If you cross another bridge you gone to far
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:57 am
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

Try them all out - but don't give up on the 2H yet. You may find you like it (depending on your fighting style preference) because of it's extra reach - you tend to not get hit as often as with the 1H weapons.

Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:50 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Or just draw your weapon and run past Gomez men if you want scars sword that badly
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:03 pm
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Nobody said you couldn't beat up Lares just because you are with the New Camp. Knock him out, take his axe, and it will serve you well for a long time.

If I remember correctly, it does 65 damage and requires 45 strength.

Or, beat up Jackal in the Old Camp (south gate, heavy guard, big gold crossbow) and take his Bonebreaker axe. Next best alternative to Lares' axe.

(PSEUDO-SPOILER)
By the way, you WILL want to get into the Ore Barons' house as soon as possible. You can just run in and hide until everyone forgets about you. There are several chests in the bedrooms and tower that contain valuable items and permanent-gain potions.

Also visit the Guards' Barracks and do a little lock-picking...

[ This Message was edited by: wesmjohn on 2002-01-24 08:41 ]
Post Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:37 pm
Antares
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the replies, guys!
Last night I beat up Lares and took his axe. After that I went into chapter 2.
On my way to the old mine however, a sudden urge came over again to enter the orebaron’s house. So I transformed into a bloodfly and flew in (never thought of trying to just run in).
I was on a mission to take out Scar (without cheating). So now I have a savegame just before taking on Scar. The only thing is: I can’t beat him! Str 55, Lares axe or the sect camp two-hander. How the h*** can u beat that guy up so early in the game, like described in the faq? (appart from that excellent faq btw)
????
Post Fri Jan 25, 2002 9:08 am