Members
Usergroups
MW or NWN-best editor.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Overunder

MW or NWN-best editor.

Which game do you think will have the best USER friendly editor -- MW or NWN? I like the fact that the NWN editor will be a drag and drop deal. Is it that way in MW? I don't have the game yet.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 4:54 pm

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

NWN is not out yet so we dont know. So far the best user friendly editor is the Dungeon Siege Siege Editor. IMHO

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun May 19, 2002 4:55 pm
Overunder

editor

The new PC gamer mag has an ad that shows the NWN editor as a drag and drop. So what about the MW editor?

That beta DS editor is a joke -- although WHEN they release the full version along with that g max deal it could be outstanding.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 5:00 pm

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

a joke? what are you talking about? its GREAT!
the morrowind editor takes some getting used to... i havent figured it all out yet.
The dungeon siege editor is so easy to use its great... you can make a decent playable level in a few hours...

Post Sun May 19, 2002 5:11 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Its very simple. DS is the most simple of them, so the editor is too. NWN and MW are both much more complex, so the editor is more advanced, and a bit harder to understand at first.

MW vs NWN depends on what you want to do. Cant compare them.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 5:17 pm
Overunder

editor

Yeah you can make a "level" and I've done that with the house and trees and all but not everything is available because it's a beta version. I can't praise them enough on the g max edition -- being able to CREATE new stuff to put in the game is VERY user friendly. Unlike NWN where one needs 3d Studio Max and Photoshop and C++.

But they (DS) don't have their 'goodies' out yet and MW comes with a completed editor ready to go -- as will NWN.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 5:42 pm

rascalmanny

editor

I want to TRY to make my on game based on some fantasy books I love.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 5:51 pm

gib77

editor debate

That DS editor is/will be a great editor. Yeah it's a beta now but you can what it will be like. I don't have MW yet either but I can't wait to get it.

Oh, and when the full version of the DS editor is out I bet it will be a task to use like the MW editor that some have talked about.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 6:18 pm

Wabbit

There is a beta version of the NWN editor available for download right now - check fileplanet for NWN_tools_BETA or something.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 6:21 pm

Overunder

--

Hey thanks Wabbit.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 6:25 pm

Elenkis

NWN's toolset is quite a lot simpler for world building than the Morrowind editor. No struggling to align textures properly since you simply select a tile or oject and then drop it where you want it, it wont even let you place something where it wont match up properly.

The Morrowind editor works by putting pieces together like a puzzle, but it requires a lot more care to get them matched up and avoid misaligning pieces. Having said that, I prefer Morrowind's editor for world building so far as the NWN tilesets feel too limiting (this could well change with the full content, retail version).

From what I've seen the scripting and dialogue stuff in the NWN editor is far beyond Morrowind's. The Morrowind scripting is very, very limited and the NWN toolset seems to offer much more options for scripting. I've only played with the NWN toolset for an hour or so though, so I need to look closer.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 6:26 pm

Overunder

--

Thank you. That's the kind of response I was trying to get. And it is what I suspected. But I'm still excited about MW. Thank God for Bethesda!!
Post Sun May 19, 2002 6:44 pm

SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

where do i get the NWN editor? i didnt find it at fileplanet.
is there a demo out yet?

Post Sun May 19, 2002 6:55 pm
Overunder

Just go to the main home page of fileplanet.com.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 7:04 pm