View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Yamcha
If there will be riding, then there could also be a mini game: riding for money and xp with other competitors, with no rules and the track would be in the most dangerous places (like riding around the catle in VoM, something like that)

It's not an arcade hall . How about scavenger hunt, a lot of scavengers will run in a line and you'll need to shoot as many as possible with your crossbow.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:02 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Yamcha
That would look to much like an adventure

I agree.

They should make it more like Far Cry etc, where you have an environment with many different opportunities to kill something.

E.g. there are points where you can kill people by crushing them with large containers that are hanging from the ceiling by shooting the suspension cables, and a point where you can push some barrels down a hill to kill some people standing there.

They are all optional, you can go and take them out the normal way also.

I think this would suit the Gothic mentality more, since the game has always been about freedom.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:34 pm
Marcius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The thing they should fix first is the inventory. Jeez it drives me crazy when like 10 orcs attack at the same time and I'm browsing my inventory for mana elixirs (which are allways on the bottom :\
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:41 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Better armors.Well I can't say dragonhunter and paladin armors are great.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:31 pm
Yamcha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Marcius
The thing they should fix first is the inventory. Jeez it drives me crazy when like 10 orcs attack at the same time and I'm browsing my inventory for mana elixirs (which are allways on the bottom :\

They should be on the top
Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:57 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

and what if you aren't a mage but a warrior? and life potion should not be on top, so that wasn't a good suggesion after all
sorry for the mistakes but my keyboard is acting weird
Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:34 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well i am pretty much sure some changes will be with the inventory also
Post Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:45 pm
KCFighter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Why don't you just be able to equip a potion or 2 then click on it to grab the potion and ctrl + up to use it as if it was a weapon then you could choose what potion you might need.
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:06 pm
KCFighter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

oh yea. another thing. to make the game better, go back to the gothic 1 controls! I want to be able to hold down alt then press left or right when I'm ready to run to the side. I don't want to have to time it so I hit right or left right before I hit alt but so close together I don't jump if I hit alt first or turn my whole body if I hit a direction too long before alt. That's one of the major things that annoys me about gothic 2. They should've stuck to what worked. and to pick up things? oh man. it's been so tough getting used to just having to hit ctrl to pick up things or use things or talk to people. I've eaten a few herbs and drank a few potions by accident when I was at full health because of that new control system, and what's up with everyone waking up from thier sleep when I enter the room? No one would do that in the first one unless I walked up to them. Just good it isn't real life. I'd feel bad waking all those people up on onar's farm just to get some sleep. ha. Well at least Gorn isn't beating me up when I attack an old camp guy like in the first one. haha. I think the first gothic was better then the 2nd and that they should go back to that for the 3rd one, although on a positive note, I'm glad they kept the same character to play the 2nd one. I thought maybe they'd use some regular citizen instead of the escaped convict which would've totally ruined the game there. That's another thing. Be sure to keep the same guy. If they ever changed it, the series would be ruined.
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:17 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I used the gothic 1 controls while playing gothic 2 so I din't had your probs
Post Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:48 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

you btw totally correct about the thing that they need to keep the original Hero and never change it . Imo thats one of the Gothic magical features why we like those series u can learn about the hero in every part
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:07 pm
KCFighter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hey Titus. how'd you play Gothic 2 with Gothic 1 controls? I tried in the options that says Gothic I controls but everything stayed the same. I had to change everything manually in the control options but that still doesn't allow you to hold alt and use direction to step to the side or hold down ctrl and press up before picking up something or using something in your inventory. Like I said before if I side step with alt, I have to hit a direction first before using alt. man, it's so annoying. someone please help.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:24 pm
def46
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I want Diablo style 'quick belt' slots. I want to press 0-9 while a potion or scroll item is highlighted and CHOOSE MYSELF what key it is assigned to, not the next free slot number. With so many combat around that makes sense.

As for their design decision about not gulping potions while in combat (aside from activating it in the INI file). Well then, make regenration potions instead. Then you can make it more 'realistic' and not to have potions while fighting. Gulp a regen potion BEFORE a tough fight (regen health over time).
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:09 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

No absolutely not don't turn it in to an diablo look or just point and klick
and running out of mana, that is a part of the strategie you need to use as fighting as a mage just as a warrior you reallly have to watch your health and healthpoints and as an archer the spots you choose and the arrows you have
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:30 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup why make the game easy again i mean if u can drink somekind of potion that gonna give u allwaya health while u are fighting it will be like piece of cake killing many orcs around or creatures , just deal with it if there are too many orcs just ignore them and fight them only then when u ready to take that big amount of creatures
Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:13 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next