FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic Cutscenes...a meek request...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

Hey all. Long time reader, first time poster

I have just beaten Gothic, and I must say it is one of the finest RPG's that I have played in quite a long while. And although I have beaten the game, there remains one thing for me to do: SEE THE FRIGGIN CUTSCENE MOVIES!

You see, for some reason or another I can't watch any of the cutscene movies when they are supposed to happen; the events that are supposed to trigger the cutscenes (intro and outro as well) happen, and then my screen goes black for a few minutes (I'm assuming for the length of the movies) and then it goes back to the normal gameplay. And I'm not sure why this is. I have tried everything, and I mean everything that I have read in all the troubleshooting guides that I could find, but nothing works. My theory is that I just have a really s@!%%y computer.

So my question is this: Is there anybody out there that either has the cutscene movies from gothic in an MPEG format (or something similar), or knows of a site that carries them in this format? If you could post a link here I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for helping me to get the most out of this great game. Max Rules.
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:53 pm

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Hmm... my post from yesterday was erased.
Oh well.
The movies from the games are stored on your hard disk if you did a full install. Check this folder: Piranha-BytesGothic_workDATAvideo for the video files. You can play them with the Bink Player. Which you can download from here: http://www.radgametools.com/bnkmain.htm

Post Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:22 pm
Alistair
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

You sure Val?

From memory, I'd say the .bik videos are only available once they've been extracted from the .vdf files, with a tool like VDFS.exe (from the Mod kit)... could be wrong.
Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:00 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

That's how it's stored on my system. Maybe it's like that if you don't do a full install.

Post Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:30 pm