Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The rise of the RTS/RPG
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

The rise of the RTS / RPG...
Yes, this is the case and I love it. No more puzzles, no more dialogue. RTS brings RPG more to its true form!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
We could do with some good RTS-RPG games. Let’s enjoy the hype as long as it lasts.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Yes, and I hate this. There is no such thing as a RTS/RPG blend – only RTS games that try to expand their market by putting an RPG tag on the box-cover.
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
What are you talking about? There is the rise of the MMORP, and maybe a rise of the fantasy oriented rts game. But after 2002 (an exceptionally good year for rpg’s) there had to be a downfall. And beside, we are enjoying the expansion pacs.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author Thread
Parcival
Rightful Heir To The Throne
Rightful Heir To The Throne

The rise of the RTS/RPG

In a way DungeonSiege was already more an RTS-RPG blend than a true RPG. Upcoming titles like Spellforce and Nightshift as well as the popularity of WC3 suggest the downfall of the adventure/rpg in 2003 and the rise of the rts blend.
I would like to have your opinion on this.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:26 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

Well I think RTS combined with RPG elements isn't a bad thing. But it can never replace a true RPG. It makes the RTS more interesting and gives you the chance to create super heros. Sure this type of games is getting more and more popular ( and that's good IMO ), but I never saw an RTS/RPG that gave you the chance to develope your character in so many ways as for example BGII.

And DS a RTS/RPG?? I think it was more of a Diablo. Hack'n Slash game.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:35 pm