Stuck in the training episode of Deus Ex
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

Stuck in the training episode of Deus Ex

I decided to play Deus Ex again. I thought this was a pretty neat game (although I do not consider it a RPG like some people do). Anyway, I must have gone brain dead or something, cause I'm stuck in the training section of the game. (You know, that pre-game section where they show you how to use the items in the game and use the controls). Anyway, I am at the crossroads (Or water, to be specific) in the game. I've learned the guns, bombs, lockpicks, etc. and I have came to a water obsticle. My goal is to cross the water hazard and the trainer has stated that there is more than one way to cross the water. There is a menacing robot the walks back and forth in my half and he is armed with machine-type guns waiting to lay-into me. I have crouched and went to the length of my section and found the goggles, crowbar, message about lowering the bridge, and the gun. I even tried jumping into the water, but there appears to be no ladder on the other side. I have completed this training section in the past; but I am totally stumped right now (Too much holiday cheer I guess). So How do you cross the water? It's driving me crazy.

Last edited by Max Killen on Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:37 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

For starters, you might get rid of the robot via a TNT crate and the gun.
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:56 pm
Scribbles
Unsent
Unsent

yes, hide behind a pillar and wait for the Military Bot to walk buy the TNT crate (or is it a barrel) and shoot the barrel

Broken in Exile
Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:24 pm
Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I haven't played the training in a few years so I might be wrong but I don't think the robot can completely kill you.
If you just waltz up to the pinpad and lower the bridge you should be able to crawl across on what's left of you limbs.
Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:09 am