View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Absolutely Off Topic

Author Thread
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

online pen-and-paper RPG recruiting

Hey guys!

After months of training as a new DM and reading heavily, i am starting to DM a d20 DnD online campaign to be played on message boards.

About the Campaign: it is set in the ancient real world (ancient Earth) during what would have been Roman times (about 50 AD). What happened is that Earth undertook a major change (the Judaic God named Elohim was overthrown in Heaven by Lucifer) and the DnD pantheon gods took over to balance the resultant chaos caused by Lucifer's lack of power to truly control the universe; so the new Pantheons came and they began to open up portals to other DnD-esque material fantasy worlds from which came the Elves first, Dwarves second, new kinds of Humans last, and a whole lot of other creatures (just about everything). Psionics and Magic was introduced onto Earth, along with all the good and evils of a fantasy setting. Earth radically changed, but its geography did not change, which is why we will be using maps of the ancient worlds (mainly Europe) for gameplay. The standard DnD pantheons are being used, meaning, all the gods of the Forgotten Realms are also HERE, everything in the standard books (Players Manual, DM Guide, Monster Manuals, ect) are here, plus a ton of other books that i bought a while back. I will be using such things as the Priest Spell Compendiums and the Wizard Spell Compendiums sets, besides many other good older 2E books. So this will be a huge conglomeration of rulebooks; ya, but i can handle it. We will however be playing the 3.5E rules.

So Earth is under darkness because of all the new creatures reigning, such as dragons, illithids, orcs, barbarians -- its freakin chaos. The Roman Empire was utterly crushed and its lands divided by monsterous kingdoms; elves, dwarves, and many humans are in exile or enslaved. Only the kingdom of Egypt has retained its human-based reign due to its powerful Magic and its pantheon of strongly protective deities. Otherwise, the lands are in a feudal system ruled by monsters (mostly Orcs and their kind).

Deep under the world's surface, the Orcs and other creatures have carved out a huge labrynthine cavern system much like the Underdark in FR, with the exception that this is on Earth instead. Its called the New Underdark, accordingly.

There do exist the old religions such as early Christianity, Hinduism, Egyptianism, Taoism, Buddhism, Judaism, Romanism, Greek myth, druids, ect, in the world, but they are now infused with magic and are in somewhat different carnations. History has been interrupted and the highway of life on Earth is open to endless possibilities. Elementals and spirits are present in the world and the Undead plague the unwary. The Blood War is present in a representative way. Earth is now connected to the planes as a material world under seige by the forces of darkness! The time is ripe for some heroes. There are active (guarded) permanent portals directly to Forgotten Realms world, Greyhawk realms, Ravenloft world, among other places, but i will NOT allow you to enter them, since i want to stay on Earth -- other races and so forth come from those portals as pilgrims and invaders (such as Orc incursions, incoming dragon flights, ect); the gods set up those portals to help populate and convert Earth into a Forgotten Realms setting type place, heh. Convenient -- creatures coming from everywhere onto one plane -- its very chaotic, there are wars happening everywhere to claim lands and defend townships: your regular medieval feudal setting infused with magic and cursed by orcs and dragons, hehehe. Call it a mess...

The website i am using will provide us with a fairly fast progression. I dont expect players to be there 24/7, but rather just show up at least twice a day and things will be fine. If you cant do that -- if you dont have that kind of time -- then please do NOT apply. The website is my own website that i have set up for this. The campaign is called Earth Under Darkness.

You will get the hang of everything once you register and i accept your registration. This will be forum-based. I could implement chatroom if there is an interest, but i would rather have a forum so that we can go back and read what has happened in case someone is absent for a while. In the case of absences, i will allow another player to handle their character. Either that, i will take up that character. I AM LOOKING FOR FOUR TO SIX PLAYERS. I will NOT allow more than this, no matter how much you beg, so its first come, first served. If someone drops out then i will be able to recruit a different person. If not, then tough luck. I will consider the first six responses here on this post at RPGdot to be the first six eligable candidates.

The website is completely private, no outsiders allowed. Thats why you have to inform me here and then get registered to be allowed inside.

Here is the website, please apply to register if you are interested in playing. However, dont register if you arent among the first six people to reply here, thanx. Just the first six please. Tell me what your titlename when applying will be on this post here and i will add you to the website when you register under that titlename.

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=14200&TabID=120075

The game starts as soon as everyone makes a character and sends me their character sheets. You can use any of the character races, classes, feats, prestige classes, and skills from the following works (your choices are VAST):

-- Players Handbook 3.5e
-- Dungeon Masters Guide 3.5e
-- Forgotten Realms Campaign
-- Expanded Psionics Handbook
-- Book of Vile Darkness
-- Complete Warrior
-- Complete Divine
-- Dwarves -- Hammer and Helm
-- Druids and Druidism
-- Chaositech
-- Faiths and Pantheons
-- Ghostwalk Campaign
-- Serpent Kingdoms
-- Magic of Faerun
-- Races of Faerun
-- Players Guide to Faerun
-- Silver Marches Campaign
-- Unapproachable East
-- Underdark Campaign
-- Hero Builders Guidebook
-- Manual of the Planes (and maybe Planar Handbook)
-- Masters of the Wild
-- Mystic Warriors
-- Oriental Adventures
-- Power Classes -- Explorer
-- Power Classes -- Pirate
-- Quintessential Cleric
-- Quintessential Druid
-- Quintessential Dwarf
-- Quintessential Elf
-- Quintessential Fighter
-- Quintessential Monk
-- Quintessential Paladin
-- Quintessential Psychic Warrior
-- Quintessential Rogue
-- Quintessential Sorcerer
-- Quintessential Witch
-- Quintessential Wizard
-- Haunted Heroes (d20 Ravenloft)
-- Ravenloft Campaign Setting
-- Relics and Rituals
-- Relics and Rituals 2
-- Savage Species
-- Shaman
-- Song and Silence
-- Spells & Magic 3.0
-- Sword and Fist
-- Tome and Blood
-- Wild Spellcraft
-- Book of Exalted Deeds
-- Unearthed Arcana (races and classes only)
-- Arms and Equipment Guide
-- Arms and Armor (d20)
-- Draconomicon
-- most of the Encyclopedia Arcane books
-- Wizards Spell Compendiums
-- Priests Spell Compendiums
-- AEG Dragons
-- Slayers Guide to Dragons
-- Epic Level Handbook (for later on...)
-- (if you want to use some other books, just tell me; i might have them, or could get them)

You start out at 1st level with 200 gold pieces, so use them judiciously! You can write a character history storyline, but its not required...

You can also email me at ammon_online@yahoo.com for questions.

This will be a very long campaign. Might last for years! You must be dedicated so dont apply if you dont mean to stick around.
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:52 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

And i promise to stick around this time.
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:53 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I'm tempted to join but I won't be around for much longer. I joined the Navy and I leave for boot camp on September 8th.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:12 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

You can join for a month i guess! We could have your character join the human militia and then when you get back from bootcamp you can hop back into the action when you get back to a place where you have the web (if you get the web where-ever you go). If you cant then we can still just have you play for a month. Youre a good player.

EDIT --

Okey, so far i have 1 player for sure (Dea), and 1 maybe (Korplem).

EDIT2 --

There are now 2 players for sure (Dea and Metra), and 1 maybe (Korplem). Slots are filling up fast. Now is the time to act if you want in.
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:45 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

now the players are:

Dea, Metra, and Bowen
Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:18 am
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

OKEY IVE GOT FOUR PLAYERS! THIS CAMPAIGN IS CLOSING ITS DOORS!

(but of course im still playing in Vals campaign too, hehe)
Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:18 am