Members
Usergroups
help with game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Morrowinder

help with game

Can anyone help me please. i bought game and instaled it. I start the game normaly and everything is okay until I create my charecter. when I choose my class and sign (stars) I need to get out of the house. but when I click on the door to exit game kicks me out to windows. i tried reistalling my game but it doesent help. my computer is pentium 4 1.6 ghz, 256 ram, geforce 2. please help me.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 5:03 pm

luis1
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

try to

bring everything down.like the shadows, etc and see what happen after you do that bring them up little by little over the game that work for me
Post Mon May 27, 2002 5:24 pm
Morrowinder

nothing yet

I tried that. I cut everything: resolution, view distance, sound, shadows but nothing. still same problem. Any other suggestions. any help is welcome.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 5:39 pm

Lordr31z
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

YA. When you first launch and get that small screen that says play..options.. goto options and turn off the pixel shaders. geforce2 cannot do that effect. May be your problem.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 7:22 pm
whatever

Re: nothing yet

what kind of Geforce 2 do you have...? Maybe it's time to upgrade.... morrowind really pushes the limits on all hardware.....
Post Mon May 27, 2002 7:42 pm

It's more likely some software problem, I found after running mw on identical driver setups on different machines, one with gf3-ti500, 512 megs of ram, athlon xp1700+ and one 2x500 MHz celeron Geforce 256 SDR, and 512 megs of memory, they actually play roughly the same with the newest nvidia drivers, ofcourse the gf 256 sdr one doesn't look as flashy but there's not a revolutionary difference, get new drivers!

Get the newest nvidia drivers, or ati if oyu use that and the newest soundcard driver and motherboard chipset drivers and everthing should be jolly!
Post Mon May 27, 2002 11:23 pm

Morrowinder

me again

my geforce 2 is GeForce 2 gts (agp-v7700) with 32 ram. Ill try to download new drivers and Ill tell you if it worked.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 4:48 am

Morrowinder

aditional

This may seem like a stupid question but where can I download new drivers for my card. i tried a search but everything that shows is something I didnt search. Could someone post a link please. or at least tell me adress.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 4:59 am

Madcow256
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Link to drivers

nVidia has all the drivers bundled together at http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=drivers . The Detonator package should contain all you need.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 5:25 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Lordr31z
YA. When you first launch and get that small screen that says play..options.. goto options and turn off the pixel shaders. geforce2 cannot do that effect. May be your problem.

I think that if you have something that doesnt support pixel shaders, there are automaticaly off and can not be turn on.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 6:27 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I doubt it's the graphics card, because he can actually get this far and it always happens there. Nevertheless, a driver upgrade is a good idea

From the fact that you haven't a clue where to find drivers I suspect you haven't overclocked your system - so this won't be the cause either.

While you're at it, also update the drivers for your soundcard. That might be another cause of problems.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 11:58 am
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

A friend of mine had the exact same problem. I'll check with him today as to what can be done, because he fixed it quite simply.

So what's the point of this post? That's right, absolutely nothing.

Coincidentally the meaning of life.

-Matt
Post Tue May 28, 2002 12:01 pm
rpger

sameproblem

i have almost the samesytem and same gfxcard it says its aDDRAW.DLL ERROR
Post Tue May 28, 2002 4:27 pm

Morrowinder

It is alive!

Hey guys Its working. All I did is installed new drivers for my graphic card and it worked. im enjoing it. If you can help me out in a start Id be welcome. if you have anything useful please let me know. thank you all.
Post Wed May 29, 2002 11:46 am