View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Reagan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

This gets more Fantastic every Error I get-never a BUGGIER

Game have I ever seen!
I get almost constant crashes-some I've already posted but lately its gone off on a new tangent and this one is really queer.
I'll be switching between Inventory and anything else-suddenly up pops:
" RUNTIME ERROR:GOTHIC.EXE R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call" and Game closes down. I looked this thing up-Holy crap!-Its an error associated with something called MEETING MAKER-I do not have that on my machine so how in Hell can it be happening? This game is really weird!
_____*****

ISSUE: When attempting to run the Meeting Maker application, a Runtime Error
from the "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library," R6025 - pure virtual function call is received.

CAUSE: Meeting Maker client driver conflicts with some Windows98 resources.

SOLUTION:

In the installed Meeting Maker client folder (C:\Program Files\Meeting Maker), there are a series of *.drv files, all pertaining to specific Meeting Maker driver files. The program crashes when all or most of these drivers are loaded into memory when Meeting Maker starts.
In order to prevent Meeting Maker from loading unnecessary driver files when starting the application, please re-name the unused driver files to *.drx. Here is a list of driver files that are installed with Meeting Maker client software. Please note what "protocol" you are using to connect to your Meeting Maker server since you do NOT want to rename the driver file pertaining to that protocol.

DDP32.DRV -- Windows-compatible Meeting Maker Client Appletalk Driver
IPWS32.DRV -- UDP/IP Winsock Driver (the "IP" driver)
IPX32NT.DRV -- WindowsNT IPX Driver
IPXw95.DRV -- Windows95/98 IPX Driver
IPXNWL.DRV -- Netware NW-Link IPX Driver
TCPOS32.DRV -- TCP/IP Winsock Driver ("TCP" driver, version 5.5x only)

As you can see, there are many driver files that can load, possibly causing a conflict with other programs/drivers loading with windows. Please rename ALL driver files to <driver file name>.DRX, since the "drx" extension will make the driver "invalid" and will not load the driver when the Meeting Maker client starts. Obviously, you should have at least ONE .drv file remaining since you need at least one driver to load so you can connect to your Meeting Maker server. If you are unsure of what driver to "keep" inquire about what protocol you are using to connect by asking your IS or help desk department.

Of course, you cannot be actively logged into Meeting Maker when you are renaming the files, and you should reboot your windows machine after renaming the files. If you still have problems seeing you should Meeting Maker web site, you should contact your web server administrator.

Since I do not have this damn program on my Machine why in hell am I getting it playing GOTHIC?????????
Post Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:33 pm
Reagan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Nobody have a clue to this problem? It bothers me that Gothic crashed due to a problem associated with a program that I do not have on my Machine!
I would really like to know how this is possible!
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:49 am
[PB]Nico
Keeper of the Bugs
Keeper of the Bugs

Please contact me, I might be able to help you.
(take a look in my profile, ICQ preferred)

- nico
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:03 am