Dungeon Siege 2 Trailer @ Gamespot
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Dungeon Siege 2 Trailer @ Gamespot

Gamespot have posted an exclusive <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dungeonsiege2/media.html" target="_blank">trailer</a> showing 48 secs of in-game cinematics. The file is 13Mb and free registration and Gamespot's download manager are required.

Last edited by Dhruin on Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:40 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Dhruin,

The link you supplied is actually for the Dungeon Seige II trailer, not the Dungeon Seige I expansion pack that the newsbit refers to. My understanding is that they are 2 separate products.

I do know that the expansion pack is official, but I'm not sure if there is a trailer or not though.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:41 am
Dhruin

Good point...

Thanks
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:27 am
kraylore
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

DS2 video

Lifes full of little surprises and occasionaly there"s a big surprise...like this DS2 video... I expected a lot when I went to go download it and after watching it I can't help but be floored. If GPG and Microsoft pull this off, I think the bar will be raised on interactive software. It's gonna be tough going back to some of the RPGs I've been enjoying after seeing this thing. OH.... and Chris Taylor.....your my hero.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:28 pm
Garrett

Of great: First Gamespot takes you through the most annoying registration procedure ever, then they force you to download & install a download manager and then, after 5mins of trying, they simply tell you that the content is not available

So I watched it streaming and wonder how Kraylore can be looking forward to that, if he has not seen a single minute of gameplay, but only movies. If the game is not delivering more gameplay, but only the dull hack'n'slay as pt 1, this is as big a downer as pt 1
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:53 pm

Not exactly sure what your saying Garret. I was able to download a full screen, smoothly animated video showing in game footage using from what I understand is the Dungeon Siege engine greatly enhanced for this second DS release. I was impressed but what I saw and what was presented showed the possiblity of significant gameplay variations from the original.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:17 pm

Garrett

Guest: What link? I just noticed I watched the DS 2 trailer...
also, it is Garrett, not Garret
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:32 pm
Anonymouse

I was able to download the DS2 trailer (18.2Mb) from http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/7/2/d721e16d-6f7d-4406-84ec-06c5c75291fe/DS2_Trailer1_3Mb.wmv (no registration BS)

Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:09 am