Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Am I at Orc ruins?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I just met Xardass, and he sent me to the Orc ruins to find a Shaman.

Im assuming the orc ruins is behind the gate, in the area where lots of Orcs are building a campfire and singing Cumbaya (Where you have to cross a skeleton bridge to get to, and there's a few tents there as well.)

Is that the orc ruins? After I cleared the area of Orcs, I could not get that wooden gate open, it says the winch is jammed. I was able to get behind the gate by transforming into a bloodfly and navigating above the rocks....but I dont think that's the proper way to do it.

Am I in the correct area? Xardas said I should find the "outcast Shaman" in the ruins (which the quest text refers to as a castle), which is east of the tower. Well, if that meant MAP east, I assume that would be the fortress where I found one of the focus stones. No shaman there. Sunken tower? I already cleared it, and empty now.

I can only assume its where I'm at now, which is a few minutes walk MAP west of Xardas' tower, across the teeth bridge.

Without giving away direct spoilers, how can I open the wooden gate, if that's indeed where I'm supposed to be?
Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 5:27 pm

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

The ruins is located on a mountain top.
If you are in the Orc Lands there is a path leading up there. If you are close to the Mountain Fortress, the area that was filled up with BloodHounds before (where you also found the Orc Hammer) there is a bridge leading over to the ruins.

Best Regardsī
JemyM
Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 6:49 pm

Thanks, I forgot about that place....I thought once I cleared it with the Stranger Quest that was it =)
Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 9:41 pm