Strange events...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Valdius
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Strange events...

Before the explainations,I want to make my compliments for this forum :I signed up few days ago and I'm able to say that this's one of the best I've ever encountered:fast reply,prepared people behind all this and a kindly climate

Ok,after that dued compliments here you're the stange cases:

1)I've talked to the necromancer who briefly talked to me about a sword and a spell scroll,but I've not found none of them;so,when I came back to Saturas,Milten speaks to me and says that I can give him that sword and scroll of before,but I've no idea of what they're talkin' about,neither where I can found them!It seems that these items are important for the development of the history,and perhaps I'll found them later,but I wander why these NPGs are talkin'about them now(I've not yet encuntered these objects)

2)Actually I'm in the middle of the mission at new mine(I had to kill all the old camp guards and arrive to the orc at the bottom of it).Well,I found a strange bug(at least I hope that it's a big bug ):Gorn,who is supposed to be there to help me,is quite disappointed when I kill some old camp guard,saying me that I've knocked out some pal of his .That's quite strange since he belongs to new camp and he's there to kill some old camp belonger too
All this's not so bad,because I can ignore him,but the thing became quite worse when someone use a crossbow;at this moment Gorn starts to attack me,and only me (both me or the guards may be using crossbows,it doesn't matter,he don't make any difference!So if I stay there under a bolt rain without a weapon in my hands,he however attacks me ).There is a inner meaning in all this or it's just a bug?
Thanks fo the help

Bye
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 4:33 am
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

gorn doesn't like anyone when they're in the mine. my deduction: he's a jackass.

everyone else's deduction: it's a bug

the stuff the necromancer's talking about is just a little bit ahead of where you are in the storyline. i don't know why he'd do that, it's either a bug or you talked to him too soon.
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:14 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Gorn's bug makes him attack you when your weapon is drawn. If he's focused on you, he won't stop until you're down before he focuses on his next target. You can:

1. Sheath you weapon and run around to avoid crossbow fire while Gorn takes them out. He will eventually.

2. Tell Gorn to wait for you at the entrance and explore the mine alone.
Post Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:02 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

You find the strenge sword in the Orc Temple during chapter 5, when you kill the 4th undead shaman, its on a raised platform.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:17 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

The thing with Gorn happened to me too, but not only he was atacking
me, he killed me to death!
You dont realy have to clear the Free mine and kill all the Old campers you only need to get to the Orc. And Gorn thinks that the mine is safe...
poor him.
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:07 pm
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Krzychu
The thing with Gorn happened to me too, but not only he was atacking
me, he killed me to death!
You dont realy have to clear the Free mine and kill all the Old campers you only need to get to the Orc. And Gorn thinks that the mine is safe...
poor him.

I ended up useing 'o' in marvin mode to take Gorn over and since he's invincible, I killed the whole mine with him
Post Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:14 pm