Disappearing Orcs
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
simland
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Disappearing Orcs

Wasn't sure if this was a spoiler but just on the safe side.....

Ok I am on the second order of the main quest. I have to find a person in the Balmora Mage Guild. The female orc mage who's name escapes me at the moment. Well I walked through the whole guild and no luck. About now my memory kicks in and I remember sitting in the bottom level of the mage guild opening locked chest and wanting to open a specific chest. Of course there was an NPC who was starign directly at me. Since I was a benevolent ranger, it was beyond me to kill the person. Instead I just wished the person would go away. To my surprise at that moment the NPC just sort of floated straight up and through the ceiling. At the time I thought nothing of it except for pure shock at having my wish granted. Now I am hoping that it isn't the NPC I need to talk to and that I didn't save after that obvious glitch.

What I am wondering is if there is some console command I can do to locate the NPC I need to find (hoping it doesn't return "Oblivion") or if I am just looking in the wrong area.

Thanks
Post Thu May 30, 2002 3:03 am

Did that NPC go all the way through the ceiling?
The only thing that I could suggest is to type in tcl in the console and go through the ceiling too and look around if you can find that NPC again.
Post Fri May 31, 2002 11:57 pm

simland
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the tip, I have started playing around with the console over the past few days trying to figure this out. Well I have come to the conclusion that Sharn gra-Muzgob doesn't exist in Balmora, where she is supposed to. (I used RA command to reset all the actors and she never appeared) I hope some one knows where she is because I don't feel like checking every square inch of Morrowind (yet).
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:53 pm

Type TCL in the console and go straight down from the spot she stands on. She's a longass way down, just keep going until you see the speck, then go towards it. That's her. o.0
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:24 am

I was wonderig where she'd gone off to. She was just starting to like me and tell me I was worthy of learning from her. When I returned to the guild, she was gone. Thanks for letting me know about this bug.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:54 am

Ah yes, the disappearing Orc Did that to me as well, luckily when I had already finished that quest.

To get him back, go into the console and type:
placeatpc "Sharn Gra-Muzgob",1,1,1

That puts him directly at your position (tested and works).

So far, no other NPC has vanished like this. Seems Sharn is really a bit too worried that the temple'll come after him )
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:08 am

simland
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I decided to let him stay there. I just roleplay like he is incredibly scared of the Temple and found the best hiding place of all. Oh and thanks for the tip go down as opposed to going up.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:41 am