Lighthouse Bandits! Darn I Hate 'em!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Lighthouse Bandits! Darn I Hate 'em!

I can kill an orc scout or shadow beast now but I can't get those lousy lighthouse bandits--I hate them. The character is level 9 now and about every time I have leveled up and increased my strength and training I give those stinking bandits a few more tries to no avail.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:55 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

You sould wait until you're at least level 12.
The best thing is to wait until you've come back after killing one or two dragons by then you are probably strong enough.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:06 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

No way you should be able tot take them on with a bit of difficulty. I was lvl 11. you just don't run up to them but lure them to you so they draw there weapon and then its just a matter of tactics and a bit of luck. Never killed a dragon and I slaid all the bandits
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:32 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

When do I get better armor? I'm still wearing the stuff Andre gave me when I joined the militia. I think I'll wait until I have better armor and a good two-handed sword and I'm over level 12 and I don't have to gulp down potions?

It would be great if the next time they see me coming they say something like, "Oh, hell, we're dead now."
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:24 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

There are a lot of obstacles on the road to the lighthouse, you must dodge the arrows until you can get behind the wooden structure close to the lighthouse, and the bandits will draw their melee weapons, you can do it at lvl 9 if you have mastered the art of blocking
it will be hard anyway since one of the bandits has got a rough two-hander, good luck
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:04 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Bytespawn
There are a lot of obstacles on the road to the lighthouse, you must dodge the arrows until you can get behind the wooden structure close to the lighthouse, and the bandits will draw their melee weapons, you can do it at lvl 9 if you have mastered the art of blocking
it will be hard anyway since one of the bandits has got a rough two-hander, good luck

Hmmm... I don't ever block. Is blocking the same as Parry? There is a key for that. There is also Attack Left and Attack Right too. Does Parry really make a difference OR how do you block? Thanks.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:16 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Parry is block, ctrl and down arrow. You have to get the timing right though. but it helps sometimes.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:20 pm
mookmaster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can sneak up the path to the right and come around behind the lighthouse and you can get close enought to attack them before they can pump you full of arrows.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:32 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

That's right, that might work. And besides, you get a dragon root without having to kill them that way too. Actually, I tried and tried myself. Except when mage at that level and had fire arrow I couldn't defeat them. I gave up and went back when had paladin armor.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:41 pm
Dalmata
Village Leader
Village Leader

I fixed those bandits on level 7 or 8 using scrolls. Take some fire storms or something like that and some mana restoring plants. Get your a.. to the top of the path and try to stand as far as possible from the bandits but within the spell range. You hit them and they do not come after you so when your mana is used up you can eat couple of plants and use scrolls again. So you can get rid of both bandits outside of lighthouse. Then you save and try to get into position to get the one inside with at least one scroll. He will probably come after you after first one or even before but you can kill him off with your melee weapon if you are a bit handy. The only thing was that the bandit I got first dissapeared when I came out of the lighthouse. A bug probably.
Blocking is very usefull but the timing is essential. If you are too early they can still hit you and if you are late you are mostly too late. Try to use combination of hits like: up arrow - right arrow or up-left or left-right-up. It gives great effect and you kan kill beasts sometimes with only 2 blows in a sequence. Try to practice in the woods or somewhere out of sight of the others just to see how the blows are working or get fights with the dude in the harbour district behind the warehouse.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:17 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I came around the back and ran into the lighthouse, taking the stairs; if you do it right, the AI gets stuck on the spiral staircase, trying to run straight at you. Then I just used scrolls and arrows. Also, don't go to high if you do this, because sometimes the AI falls off the stairs, and if you're too high, it will kill them and you will not get the experience.

Also it should be posssible to lure snappers to the lighthouse to distract them.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:37 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I found I was able to take on the bandits fairly early if I used a bow (and LOTS of arrows). First you sneak up behind the shed in front of the lighthouse. Then give them a little peek at you. If you do it right (and this may take a couple of tries), the bandits will feel too close to use bows and will pull hand weapons. When you hear/see this, immediately climb to the roof of the shed. Once there, you can snipe the bandits as they run around trying to get to you.

If you do it just right, the third bandit inside will come out when you give the others a peek at you and he will also draw a hand weapon. Then you can get all three at once.

I did this at very low level (4 or 5), but it used up a lot of arrows, since my bow wasn't very powerful and the bandits have decent armor. Their red bars went down very slooowly.

Only once did one of the bandits actually climb to the roof with me -- THAT was a shock!

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:54 pm