Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
captain and crew for the final expedition?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Mario is in Kardif's bar. He'll stop you and ask to join you.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:59 am
Greywulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Resurrecting this post...

I've tried a lot of crew combos, and come up with some good info on their potential contributions in Irdorath. I was wondering if anyone had found any way to get xp from Gorn, Lares, Lee, Torlof, Jorgen, or Wolf in Irdorath?

I have found nothing of use to having Gorn, Lares, Lee, Torlof, Jorgen, or Wolf on board unless you need them for training purposes - and even their training options are redundant with those of other crew members anyway.

If anyone knows of a function any of these 5 serve in Irdorath, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:57 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

There are your friends, you don't want to go to some spooky island without your friends, do you?
Are you really so selfish that you only get involved with people that are useful to you?

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:40 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

YEah theyre your friends and some of them give xp like when your returning back from the dragons champers
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:44 am
Greywulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@ Sem: yeah, I do usually take Gorn just for sentimental reasons, and to a lesser degree, Lares, Lee, and Torlof - since we were all acquainted back in the prison colony... Wolf however, usually gets tied up watching Bengar's Farm. I have no attachments to Jorgen though.

@ Kamahl: I have never had any interaction or conversation yield any xp with any of them at any point in Irdorath, even after returning from the undead dragon chambers (when it would be least useful, eh?) - but it's information like that which I am looking for.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:26 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Kamahl
YEah theyre your friends and some of them give xp like when your returning back from the dragons champers

And excatly what would be the point of gaining exp. AFTER beating the undead dragon? If you got any exp. from anyone on the way back, it is likely because you forgot to talk to them earlier to clear some minor quest.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:27 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

no i really did when i was a pali last week or 2 ago
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:05 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Options:
Captain: Jack, Jorgen and Torlof
Crew: Milten, Lester, Gorn, Diego, Angar, Lee, Bennet, Wolf, Mario, Girion, Biff, Lares and Vatras.

My usual team: Jorgen, Milten, Lester, Gorn, Diego, Angar, Lee, Bennet, Mario, Girion, Lares and Vatras. I get 12 as I invite Girion and Mario after I fill the 10 spots of the crew, as mentioned earlier.

I usually just use a scroll of Rain of Fire against the Lizardmen, so Angar is of no need really, but sometimes I use him after defeating the dragon, as he will then follow you over the bridge and against a few of the skeletons. He's a great chap, so I like having him along.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:53 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I usually take Jack as a captain, he's more a sailor than the others.

I only take Torlof when I feel the urge to kill everything in the castle. That quest is normally a little too evil for my taste.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:47 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I agree, because it doesn't only aid the mercenaries, it aids Beliar as the orcs gain the upper hand on the island of Khorinis when the castle falls.

I still do it every now and then when I'm a mercenary though, but never when I'm a Paladin or Mage, as I am a servant of Innos then, and anything aiding Beliar would completely break the imaginary character.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:54 pm
Greywulf
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No experience for asking Lester or Lares aboard?

I never took notice of this before, but just now, playing as a mage for the first time, when I ask Lares and Lester to accompany me to Irdorath, I do not get 500 xp, as I do (did) with all the other crew members.

I am wondering if these two characters simply do not give xp and I just never noticed it before, or if it becasue I am a mage, or if it is because of other actions that I took:

I snuck into Khorinis in chapter 1, getting 500 xp from Lares in the Harbor when he saw me. Could this be the reason he didn't give me 500 xp in chapter 5 when I asked him along, and I just never noticed it before?

As a mage, your character gets to tell both Lester and Angar about the Seekers and the Sleeper Cult - for 300 xp each. Could this be why Lester doesn't give xp for accompanying me to Irdorath? (I did get 500 xp from Angar though, despite having gotten 300 xp from him when I talked to him about the Sleeper/Seekers).

If anyone can confirm or deny these events, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:11 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2