Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Are there any MASSIVE or HUGE dungeons in Morrowind?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
cloud4me

Are there any MASSIVE or HUGE dungeons in Morrowind?

good game, but after 30+ hours gaemplay I'm started to wonder and fear if there are any BIG dungeons in Morrowind.

Most of dungeons that I found so far are tiny and simple-structured place with a few creatures and objects...really not much to do and not challenging.

I'm dying to see MASSIVE dungeons with many rooms, traps, riddles, hidden areas, puzzles that I could be get lost. I don't mean hellish dungeons that are extremely complicated and most of places are generic. I mean ones that have resonably big size and detailed stuffs.

could I really expect these of things in Morrowind?
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:40 am

Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Re: Are there any MASSIVE or HUGE dungeons in Morrowind?

quote:
Originally posted by cloud4me
good game, but after 30+ hours gaemplay I'm started to wonder and fear if there are any BIG dungeons in Morrowind.

Most of dungeons that I found so far are tiny and simple-structured place with a few creatures and objects...really not much to do and not challenging.

I'm dying to see MASSIVE dungeons with many rooms, traps, riddles, hidden areas, puzzles that I could be get lost. I don't mean hellish dungeons that are extremely complicated and most of places are generic. I mean ones that have resonably big size and detailed stuffs.

could I really expect these of things in Morrowind?

I often wonder the same thing..but still am immensely enjoying the game..
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:44 am

Re: Are there any MASSIVE or HUGE dungeons in Morrowind?

I wonder the same thing as well, I want HUGE dungeons!! man i hope there are!!!!!!!
Post Fri May 10, 2002 7:45 am

Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

So far, I have seen none. But if they aren't there - someone will build one, for sure
Post Fri May 10, 2002 7:53 am
rascalmanny

dungeons

If any want to be in dungeons for a long time then play Dungeon Siege. I am bored with that game because the character doesn't get enough fresh air.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 7:57 am

Rymes

Good question

Good question. I too have played a 30+ hours and I have seen no large dungeons at all. This is now a growing concern.

-Rymes
Post Fri May 10, 2002 8:14 am

Black_Lord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

They probably made the dungeons smaller to make room for that monolith of a city named Vivec. Sheesh that has to be the biggest city ever seen in a game.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 8:54 am
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

I honestly don't mind that most of the dungeons are quite small. But this is just my opinion, others may dislike that fact.

I loved the original Daggerfall, but the random dungeons were sometimes just too much for me. I made through them but they could be *VERY* big and some took huge amounts of time. Thank god Daggerfall had quite a nice automap for dungeons...

I am sure that although MW does not have big dungeons (atleast we have not find any yet) there *will* be later for all you dungeon freaks to explore

I like fresh air
Post Fri May 10, 2002 10:23 am
ZAM
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Anyone remember Elders Scroll I

I remember how big those dungeons were. I loved going in there and just staying for days exploring all the dungeons. Always found some good loot in them too. The puzzles were not all that bad either. It would have been nice for them to add the dungeons like they had in Elders scrolls I
Post Fri May 10, 2002 1:28 pm
Paradoxx

The dwarven dungeon near fort moonmoth is pretty big, 20-30 rooms.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 1:57 pm

Paradoxx

I've noticed that in general the Main quest dungeons are much much larger, 5 or 6 times the size.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 1:58 pm

Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

To the OP: As with all ES games, the 'main' dungeons are larger. The casual cave isnt that big, as you would expect, but the dungeons that are connected with the main quest are bigger I heared. And dont worry, once again, Big Dungeons will arrive, since LOTS of people like huge caves, and the editor aint that tough.

Zam: The dungeons in Arena were random I thought. Big? Yes. Boring? To me, yes.

Cheers,
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:43 pm
Sepiche

The two main dwaven ruins are supposed to be very large. Larger than the ruin by Moonmoth by a huge margin. Also the Puzzle Dungeon under Vivec's palace is supposed to be pretty large.

Sepiche
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:37 pm

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Just for all you huge dungeon lovers...I was just running around getting lost and ran into some huge city looking thing, that had some hard ass things to kill just to get inside. I ended up having to sneak by them just to get inside. I ran around in this thing (mostly avoiding mobs due to level) until I go completlely lost (this place was huge) and finally after many hours, found my way out. I will come back to this place to clear it out in about 20 levels. I don't know if this is a main quest dugeon or not, but it probably was considering how indept it was...so just keep in mind, there are big ones out there.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 4:01 pm
Quasimo

On a side note...

I was wondering, has anyone come across any dungeons/caves that were cookie-cutter from ones they saw before?
Post Fri May 10, 2002 4:30 pm