About soul gems...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

About soul gems...

Does anybody know of a list that contains all the soul listings with at least the minimum soul gem required as well as possibly how much coin they cost in different gems.

Also, is there any place that has a steady supply of soul gems?

As well, does "Spell could not find target" mean that you don't have a soul gem big enough for the soul you just slayed? Or does it mean something else? (BTW, the very first enchantment I made was a soul capturing spell effect for 5 seconds on hit put into my silver claymore--this was both a blessing and a curse, until I got another sword, since rats just love attacking you when you only have a greater soul gem in your inventory.)
Post Sun May 26, 2002 9:12 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

Re: About soul gems...

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon
Does anybody know of a list that contains all the soul listings with at least the minimum soul gem required as well as possibly how much coin they cost in different gems.

Also, is there any place that has a steady supply of soul gems?

As well, does "Spell could not find target" mean that you don't have a soul gem big enough for the soul you just slayed? Or does it mean something else? (BTW, the very first enchantment I made was a soul capturing spell effect for 5 seconds on hit put into my silver claymore--this was both a blessing and a curse, until I got another sword, since rats just love attacking you when you only have a greater soul gem in your inventory.)

theres a dungeon named Pandalor -Palandor or something that has all the grand soul gems youll ever need. After that, you can kill all the scamps(the creeper) you can shake a Dwemer stick at!
Have you been to Ald Velothi?

As far as I know, that message about targets pops up with people. It would be something if there was a gem that fed on human souls...

And it could be a high level creature too. But I've been able to cap daedroth souls just fine.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 12:11 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Baalcipher
theres a dungeon named Pandalor -Palandor or something that has all the grand soul gems youll ever need. After that, you can kill all the scamps(the creeper) you can shake a Dwemer stick at!
Have you been to Ald Velothi?

As far as I know, that message about targets pops up with people. It would be something if there was a gem that fed on human souls...

And it could be a high level creature too. But I've been able to cap daedroth souls just fine.

No, haven't been much around the game. Got the game only 3 days ago and the only reason why I'm so illustrious in the game is because I read these boards and various faq/turorials/guides a lot (to learn all about enchanting, multipliers, etc).

I swiped some higher level gems from the gem lady at the Mages Guild (which was a bad idea). But short of that, I found bunch of gems in various crates, offices, homes, etc. but that is just a finite supply. Once those are used up, where do I find more? I really don't feel like buying my enchanting skill all the way up to more useful levels (it's at 40 now).

Oh, about that message--yes, I got it as I was trying to suck some really annoying people into a soul gem. So, you can't steal human souls? Bugger... They got off easy...
Post Mon May 27, 2002 12:37 am
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
I swiped some higher level gems from the gem lady at the Mages Guild (which was a bad idea).

why was this a bad idea?
Post Mon May 27, 2002 1:09 am
DarthBryy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Because if they see you taking their soul gems, they tend to hurt you.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 2:02 am
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

you are given the perfect opportunity at one point to clear off her desk without being seen. i'm just curious if this is detrimental later on.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 2:18 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, it was a bad idea because at some point I needed coin real bad and the only thing I could sell were about 20 filled soul gems (I figured I'd use her as a pawnbroker). Well, since I swiped just about every kind of soul gem off of her desk, she would call me a thief and attack me no matter what I tried to sell to her.
Post Mon May 27, 2002 4:55 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

if you take all of them she won't go back to her desk, which leaves a chest full of nice things behind (lock 75 though, i had to use my Pants of Unlocking on it)

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Mon May 27, 2002 5:08 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

quote:
Originally posted by Warmaster-Horus
if you take all of them she won't go back to her desk, which leaves a chest full of nice things behind (lock 75 though, i had to use my Pants of Unlocking on it)

lol pants of unlocking. Wasnt that in baldurs gate or something?

Did you see the lockbuster scroll? I was able to see and smack Vivec around early before I was given permission to (I wont tell those newbies where he is, nor do I recommend pissing off a Dunmer God).

(now I'm going to enchant a staff with drain personality and call it the "ugly stick")
Post Mon May 27, 2002 6:40 am
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Baalcipher

(now I'm going to enchant a staff with drain personality and call it the "ugly stick")

LMAO! this just made my day...
Post Mon May 27, 2002 2:50 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

!!! Very funny.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 3:51 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Oh, Lord, I found the ugly stick! It was in the Berne Vampire Lair of Galom Daues!

(Copy the link into the address bar)

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/sauron38/Morrowind/Uglystick.JPG
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:37 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

I'm happy when you are happy people!
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:23 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

quote:
Originally posted by sauron38
Oh, Lord, I found the ugly stick! It was in the Berne Vampire Lair of Galom Daues!

(Copy the link into the address bar)

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/sauron38/Morrowind/Uglystick.JPG

Well Welll!!

I just started my ruins expeditions via blades assignment. Cant wait.

Must be one of the sacred useless weapons of Nirn!!
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:36 am