Usergroups
View change
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
joeskjr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi all. I've just DL the demo and have been playing it for awhile and was wondering what the setting is to get it to 1st person view? I can't stand 3rd person games. No emersion factor. Not to mention the floaty camera thing sucks too.

Also in combat when I strike I wind up swinging and moving forward at the same time, sometimes moving pass the creature and I can't seem to turn around in time to keep from getting killed. Is there a way to attack without actually moving?

Also is the Interface different in the full version? It seems to me the interface was designed for a console game and addapted for a PC KB/Mouse config.

And last but not least, is there a auto map? I keep getting turned around in the camp and spend many minutes more then I need to to find a particular area.

Thanks in advance..

Joesk
Post Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:54 am

there is no automap. throughout the game, you find people to buy maps from which help you out. i recommend buying the map of the work and after going through the camps a few times you figure out where you are, or you can buy maps to every camp.
Post Tue Feb 05, 2002 8:38 pm

joeskjr
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So I buy a map. But I don't see a way to anotate it.

Also since I have not seen any replies on the view changing I gather that it is not possible to do it. Also I haven't seen any way to change what my mouse buttons do. Or that there is a way to attack without moving foward each time I press the up key (I also noticed that it does it also when I press the left or right key. Also why does combat have to be so many keys to press. Like I stated before it seems this game's interface is imported from a console game. (I.E. lots of button gymnastics required)

Thanks in advance.

joesk
Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:19 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You donīt need to annotate the maps because you know the loactions after a few hours.

The left mouse button is ctrl or enter, depending on the situation. RMB is Esc in most cases.
If you are right-handed use secondary controls, as described in the readme.

The combat interface doesnīt require you to press many keys. Itīs similar to most shooters, plus a few more options. Aim with the mouse. Press LMB to prepare for action, press a directional key.
Swings (LMB + l/r) maintain your position, thrusts (LMB + up) are more aggressive but expose your defense because you move forward.

You can find out more about the controls and combat, including combo attacks, in the FAQ on GothicDot.
Post Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:37 pm