Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I'm Lost
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I have been walking thru his forest for days. I can't find the camp. The bridge guard said the old camp is under bridge. I walk under and follow the water. But some lurkker creature keeps killing me. How do I use the pick axe to hurt that creature?
Man I am sick of this game. Am I suppose to talk to the animals? Is this like Everquest?
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:19 am

Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

The New Camp is by the bridge, the Old Camp is the first one you see, near where you start. If you are looking for the New Camp, just go back to the Old, then follow the path in the front, the front is on the side you came from when you started. The path will take you to one of the mines, it will spilt right before getting to the mine, just take the other fork, and it will lead you to the New Camp.
You can’t hurt a lurker with a pickax, not unless you have about a hundred strength.

Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:31 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

You can try talking to the animals, but I never had much luck.

Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:52 pm

quote:

On 2002-02-22 07:52, Joey Nipps wrote:
You can try talking to the animals, but I never had much luck.

Dr. Dolittle had luck
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:47 pm

wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

When the guard said the camp was under the bridge, he was just being a smartass.

The Old Camp is the huge, extremely conspicuous camp thirty yards from the bridge. It has high walls and a castle inside.

It's hard to miss the Old Camp.

You'd have to be blind...
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:16 pm

Im not sure how you can miss the old camp. Climb up on any high ledge and you will see its red roofs, its pretty central. Its also not too far from where you see that lurker, in fact you will be running alongside (hence see) its walls for a while to get there from where you describe.
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:22 pm

MightyDeer
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

no doubt about it that the poor guy is total lost as he said in the suject.
Please help him!

1. Cannot find the old camp?
If you have talk to the bridge guard, just walk across the bridge and enter the old camp.
In fact, if you really have problem find the old camp, you might just restart game and right after talking to Diego, following him and you sure will find the old camp.

2. You can get a better warpon than the pickaxe for the begining, there is a Rusty sword near the first bird you see when you walking down the hill.
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:29 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

On 2002-02-22 03:19, Anonymous wrote:
I have been walking thru his forest for days. I can't find the camp. The bridge guard said the old camp is under bridge. I walk under and follow the water. But some lurkker creature keeps killing me. How do I use the pick axe to hurt that creature?
Man I am sick of this game. Am I suppose to talk to the animals? Is this like Everquest?

NecroDancer, do not think that the IP logger does not work.
Post Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:26 pm

Ok, I found a camp. The leaders name is Jacko. There should be a lot more people in the camp than this. What should I do now?

Yes Sourpuss, it's me and you know it. This was a satirical post. Posts that we have answered again and again.
I have been here for 2 months and have over 250 posts.
This is the second time you have wrongfully exerted your authority. Because of you I am leaving this site never to return. So just one more time you can flex your muscles and tell everyone your the boss by banning me and my IP.
Goodbye other friends like Max, Gorath Danicek and the rest!
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 11:39 pm

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I didn't ban you, and I cannot, as far as I know, only Rendelius can. If you are to leave,

I shall say goodbye.

Best of luck to you in the future.

However, in my own defense, I don't really think that asking about the Old Camp's location is all too constructive.
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:44 am
WHITE x CHOCO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

do people speak funny in canada?
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 3:46 am

yeah they say "eh" every once in a while, and "gosh golly gee" and the occasional "lousy americans". and then of course there's the various speech impediments from the teeth lost in hockey/lecross

PS this was meant as a total joke; canadians plz don't take offense...like vixen_rose
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:09 am

sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

That 'eh' part is from a generation or two before mine...everytime I listen to my Great Aunts and Uncles talk, every fourth word is 'eh.' It's pretty funny.
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:19 am
Quedmar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Now from what I recall the 'eh' was pretty much a form of a period at the end of the sentence. Yeah that's about right
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:45 am