RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Hawthorne
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

My only real complaint about Morrowind.

It's one I have with most RPGs.

Character animation.
Why couldn't they have done just a little more in that regard. I'd like to see the character able to climb up on low objects. The jumping is pretty bad and a little more action in the combat sequences wouldn’t hurt.

I know that they can't have the kind of fluid motion that a game like Tomb Raider has (actually what I would like to see is a RPG with the kind of character control that they have in Tomb Raider) but anyone who has played Summoner knows that it can be done better then it is in this game.

This may seem like a little thing, the believability of the character is a big part of the game.

Mike
Post Mon May 20, 2002 3:37 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

This is a BIG problem of the game... like when your travelling, and have to cross a place with some stones, pretty small stones, the character can't get over them, becouse he can't climb them, disturbing!
Post Mon May 20, 2002 4:12 pm
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

Hmm

Well climbing over rocks is based on your acrobatics skill. And as for animation, my char has to look up to talk to tall people,look down to see things below, and raise her hand to block the sand fron a sand storm. Seems pretty realistic to me
Post Mon May 20, 2002 4:18 pm
Squeetard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Not that it hurts the game experience for me but, I have to admit the animations and movement physics are definately not leading edge, even sub-standard in some areas.

I laughed at the strippers, tossed them 50 Draks and said "Go take some dance lessons".
Post Mon May 20, 2002 4:38 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

This seems alot more realistic then most but to comment on the rock climbing...I have a acrobatics skill of like 96 right now and I can seem to side step a high cliff but can't walk straight up it for some reason. Or if I try to run and jump I don't get anywhere but if I just jump and move after I am in the air I go for miles.

as stated above, moving your arm to block sand storms are pretty cool. I don't like how every single character you come from within like 1 mile from has to talk to you.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 6:09 pm
IncendiaryLemon

animations are mixed... the hand over the eyes during a dust storm is kinda cool but that jump animation is absurd.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 1:26 am