Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Fanatic Templars (semi-spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

Okay, I'm in 'Sleepers Temple', and I'm looking for the last two shamen.
I find this strange Gor-something.
I slice him to tiny pieces. That was easy. Oh, there's another one. Hahah! Chop chop... huh... didn't die?? Oh, crapper...
How do you easily kill all the fanatics without resorting to cheating. I have done like one hit, when I took a sixth of his health, but then I die.... Hilfe!!
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 8:58 am

Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

If you're not using Uriziel or a bow, then maybe you're not adding the kill shot. I assume, though, that since you're in the Sleeper's temple you've had to do that before
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 9:51 am

Umm.... what's Uriziel... and I merely have like 56 in Strength, so I can't use any two-handed swords.... Am I in deep sh*t, or what?
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 11:57 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

YouŽll find Uriziel soon.

56 strength is not much for this part of the game. What about magic? Do you have some decent spells? And the crossbow of war?

These templars have to be killed several times, plus the finishing move.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2002-01-01 06:16 ]
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 12:12 pm

Phew. Luckily, I could go out of the temple, spend my 80 SKILL POINTS on Strength etc, go back and steal the idole, and then just walk back into the temple...
Lucky me...
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 1:42 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Yeah, lucky you.
Keep us updated whether or not the statue works more than once.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 3:34 pm

If you take the statue, the gate remains open, but it takes a while to steal it with TK, so the shamans get some pretty good shots on you...
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:48 am

bedwine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I don't know how you got into the temple without getting the last two shamen first? I can give you at trick that worked for me. You want to take on Cor Colem (sik) last. Using your bow go up to the edge of the stairw without triggering any dialogue. Target a fanatic shoot one arrow back up while arming your sword. He will chase without distrurbing the others in thier brainwashing session. Take him out with your sword. I took out all the fanatic templars this way. They were actually easier than snappers because they don't group up as easily. The trick is getting the leader Cor whats his name without disturbing the sleeper. You should also have a charged Uriziel before attempting this mission. How did you ever get in there with only 56 in strength?
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:52 am