How do I use sleep and oblivion spells?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

How do I use sleep and oblivion spells?

I'm really embarrassed about this but I'm having trouble using sleep scrolls. I select and fire it like any other scroll but nothing happens to the target. It's the same even if I stand right next to them. Does it only work on certain people or something?

Also, I heard there's a ring of strength that you can get right at the beginning of the game somewhere in the mountains. I've found a way up into the mountains near the first goblin camp you come to after leaving Xardas' tower and there's some lizards and wargs. Am I in the right place? Do I have to get past the lizards and wargs to get the ring?

Many thanks.

Addendum: Now I'm having trouble with the oblivion spell. I can see I cast the spell but it takes no effect. Does it only work if they're knocked out at the time? Oh, and I found the ring.

Last edited by Phil5000 on Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:04 am
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

About the sleeping spells. I had some problems with them too. They don't always work! You have to cast them like this. Select the scroll and stand right next to the person. Then cast a ascroll and keep casting it until your character moves forward. Then, that person should go to sleep. Don't click on him, or he will wake up. Remember, these scrolls don't always work.
Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:40 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sleep scrolls can be useful when you have to steal the Sacred hammer of Innos.
Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:06 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

There's an amulet that shows up after you have chosen a guild in those mountains. What guild you choose deteermines its properties. It's an amulet of dexterity for militia (+15 Dex), and amulet of life for mercenaries(+15 HP), or and amulet of enlightenment for mages(+10 Mana, +10 HP)

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:02 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

There is a minor ring of Srength you can find right away. Leave Khorinis by the East gate (where the guard Mika hangs out) and head to the right. After a bit you bend around to the left and you will find the stairs leading up. Once at the top, going right leads to Akil's farm, going left leads to the bandit cave. Go left, but quickly you'll see the cliff wall coming up. Go left of the cliff wall and through the trees (you may want to be in Walk mode so you don't fall). Follow this around (you will be on a ledge overlooking the city of Khorinis) until you can't go any further. There you will find a (dead) skeleton or two, plus a few useful objects. Once of those is the Strength ring.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:47 pm
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hi. Where exactly is the amulet you get after joining? The area I'm thinking of is to the right as you leave the tower. There's a rock with a short bow and lizards and wargs near by. Is it around there?

Thanks again.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:38 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Yup, it's under some trees. you got to look hard for it.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:24 am