View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Neo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Valley of mines problems

Hi all!!!
I just entered the valley of mines the first loading. i went on top of the mountians killed the raiders and went on. i reached to a place near a river or something and like 4 orcs near it. so i used the walkpath escaped the orcs and ran. when i enter the loading to the next area i'm being attacked by few orcs one of them throws fire. what should i do is there another way to go?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:19 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Valley of mines problems

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Hi all!!!
I just entered the valley of mines the first loading. i went on top of the mountians killed the raiders and went on. i reached to a place near a river or something and like 4 orcs near it. so i used the walkpath escaped the orcs and ran. when i enter the loading to the next area i'm being attacked by few orcs one of them throws fire. what should i do is there another way to go?

Even though you'll meet many orcs in Chapter 2, you don't need to encounter with any orc at all. So, it seems like you've chosen the wrong path.

This is how I get there:
  1. First, start from the gate which is guarded by two knights.
  2. Open the gate with the key given by Lord Hagen.
  3. Once you get inside the gate, fight against the young wolves. And don't forget, KEEP LEFT.
  4. If you keep walking on the left-hand side of the path, eventually, you'll see an opening which is difficult to notice.
  5. Go through the opening and you'll see a hole filled with rats.
  6. Once you get out from the other side of the hole, cross the bridge.
  7. Across the bridge, there's another hole which is guarded by some young wolves. This hole will lead you to the Valley of Mines.

After you reach the Valley of Mines, follow the path I've outside in this thread to get into the castle.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:40 am
Neo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i did all that. inside the vally i go in the dark so i reach the water with the pool and there are 4 orcs over there. there is some kind of ore transfer thingy near the water. if i follow the path the game does the loading then when it finishes 5 orcs and 1 fire throwing orc kill me.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:49 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
inside the vally i go in the dark so i reach the water with the pool and there are 4 orcs over there. there is some kind of ore transfer thingy near the water. if i follow the path the game does the loading then when it finishes 5 orcs and 1 fire throwing orc kill me.

If you see a lake once you reach the Valley of Mines (i.e. after the loading screen), you're using the wrong path. As you may know, there are two paths to the Valley of Mines: 1) the harder one, surrounded by clans of orc warriors and orc shamen (the ones who're shooting fireballs at you) and 2) the easier one but harder to find. Seems like you have chosen the harder path, which is not supposed to be chosen. Choose the easier path, as I outlined in my previous post, and you won't see the orcs again.

Also, visit the thread I've just posted above. It'll tell you how to get around the Valley of Mines.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:54 am
Neo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

rofl. i found it thx.
i know why i couldnt find it before. when i went out of the cave i went to the wrong side the one that leads you back lol.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:46 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
when i went out of the cave i went to the wrong side the one that leads you back

That "wrong side" is what I called the "harder" path.

So, in summary, compare the enemies for both paths:

"Harder" path: clans of orcs.
"Easier" path: young wolves and field raiders.

What will you choose if you're in Chapter 2?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:24 pm