I need some focus here
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I need some focus here

I'm just kind of wandering around, doing quests for various people. But I think I'm getting to distracted and out of focus. I'm doing pretty well in the Fighter's guild (boring) except I cannot for the life of me get the Canong Tong (?) to attack me, so I can't get any farther in that guild.

I'm desperately trying to do some of the quests for the mage guild, but because my character is very low in persuasion skills, I can't get anywhere in that guild.

I'm also doing some of the Blade quests.

But surely this game is more than just wandering around. I can't seem to find a "story line" here, or a focus for my efforts. I am new to this series, so I have no previous experience with any of this. It seems to me that all I'm doing is (very slowly) gaining experience, but that isn't really the point of the game, is it? What am I aiming for? WHile I'm enjoying the game, I won't for much longer because this seems to be not a whole lot different from a dungeon crawl the way I'm playing it right now.

The journal is not help at all because it's disorderly, so I can't pick up a story thread from that either.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 6:59 am
Farseer
City Guard
City Guard

Pickpocket will get them to attack you ... Also read books you see, many have idden agendas and even keys to new adventure.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 11:37 am
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

You should join one of the three houses, it seems that your a fighter, find House Redoran in Ald'ruhn...
Post Mon May 20, 2002 12:27 pm
DM
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hey, if they won't attack you, just jump the one you mean to waste and quickly cut him down to size, flee outside and pay the cheap fine...
Works best if you only have to kill one person. You can always use an intervention scroll immediately after killing the quest person, and have like 6 people in the same room, attacking you.

How do you pickpocket? I have never tried. I don't know how to pickpocket. Please tell me how to pickpocket =)
Post Mon May 20, 2002 2:36 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Thanks for the tips. But I still don't have an overall feel for the story. Guess I'll just have to keep wandering around.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 6:39 pm

Your answer

FOCUS on single tasks at a time. Right now, go into your journal and start looking for quests you did NOT complete. Methodically start completing them. This can take a good long time if you'v been aimlessly wandering. You'll get way more enjoyment out of the game if you focus on cleaning out old open quests so you can open your journal with confidence that you needn't page back any further than say "Page 90".

I've been doing exactly this for the past two weeks. I'm having fun doing it and when I DO stumble across new crypts/temples, I make ABSOLUTELY certain I grab any item that doesn't appear generic. Bring those back to a safehouse and leave them there because there's a good chance that item you found will be asked for in a quest further down the road.

Regards,
Sindau the Unregistered
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:34 pm

FrGGr
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Post above is 100% correct. Hundreds of quests, no order to your journal you need to creat you own order to it, work page by page till you can elimate having to look so far back in your journal, or write down page numbers/quests on a piece of paper, whatever it takes to get orderly.

The MAIN plot is with the Blades faction, if you want to toally focus on the story of the game than follow the main plot, talk to Cassius in Balmora he will guide you. Other than that you're left to decide who what when and where.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 4:56 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Yep. That's about what I finally decided to do, mostly because I can't get any farther in my two guilds just yet.

Thanks for the tips about the journal - that will surely help.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 12:49 am