Fire Golem
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Fr4nk0
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Fire Golem

How can i destroy this thing? I tryed ice bolt(i always miss him), for lightning bolt i am not the right circle. I heard that crossbow do to him some damage, but i only have light crossbow...i am lost in space...what can i do to destroy the golem?
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:49 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Hi Fr4nk0

Fire Golem is the toughest among all the golems.
For me as well....at this point of the game.....the fire golem prove to be one of the hardest nd frustrating creature to defeat.....patience is the word.
Also...it take only 1 fire breath from the golem and its adios amigo.

You tend to miss them if you stand too far away...you have to take the risk and get a little bit more closer.
Bows will take forever to get rid of him....ice bolt is the best method...at least for me. You need to prepare to buy at least 8-10 scrolls of ice bolt....less than that..you'll be stuck here no matter what.
I am afraid you have to run back /teleport to the mages and buy them. You NEED at least 8 ice bolt scrolls.

When you get the scrolls...come back and take him out. You will prob have to run a lot. I did Hurl ice bolts at him 2-3 at a time and RUN like hell.
Then when the golem retreat.....run after him and hurl more ice bolts. Keep doing it until he is dead.

The more scrolls you have the better....just in case of some misses.
Remember to get closer to the golem.
If you are too far away...you are wasting good scrolls becoz the bolts will only hit the rocks and the walls of the narrow passageway.

If I can rmember correctly...ice bolts are not cheap.
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:01 am
Fr4nk0
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Money is not a problem(i have 10k ore).
I have fire resistence 48 or something like that, i can stand there and he hardly hurt me, so i will try what u wrote.Tnx for advice.
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:25 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

or transform into bloddflie pass by him and change back in normal form and climb the little ledge at the side then you will be high enough that he can't hit you so you just have to you icebolt a lot way easier
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:41 pm