Just a simple G2 questions:)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Just a simple G2 questions:)

I just want 2 know if there more then the main three...well...human civilazations in Gothic 2. I know that theres the town of Khorinis, and the Monestary of the Fire Mages, and the farm place, but is there any other little towns you can go to other than these 3 places. I mean Morrowind has a ton of towns so i think it would be funner if there were more than just 3 human civilizations 2 go 2.
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:48 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

I fully agree <spoiler>, but there are only "human cities/camps" in G2.</spoiler>
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:09 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

You have the Dragonhunter-city up to the north-west(I think).. check my "Gothic II spoiler" thread.. on the first post you'll find a complete spoiler of Gothic II demo, and a map over Gothic II full game.

Also, I do not agree on the thing about Morrowind - Morrowind is boring; it's too empty, and more cities lead to more walking.. boring walking that is.. Gothic I is a lot more fun, and replayable, than Morrowind due to the fact that you've always got something to do, where you don't have to walk across an entire map to do it, example:

The quest in Morrowind where you need to visit all the tribes AND do quests for them because they're going to compare you to the prophecy.. it took me 10 hours or something just to walk from the camp in the north east, to the camp in the north west, and THAT was boring..

All in all, I feel that Gothic II(and I) has a very good thing going.. you have enough creatures, enough challenges, and enough quests(could be a bit more sidequests like BG2 perhaps)..

But.. that's only my opinion!
Post Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:59 pm
Srikandi
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Please, can we avoid these Gothic vs. Morrowind debates? They're both great games, and they both have strengths and weaknesses.

I'll admit that I got bored of MW too, but that was after about six months of intensive playing (still not even close having seen everything in the game) as opposed to the week or two it took me to finish Gothic with every sidequest... never got bored of Gothic, but that was because there was no motivation to keep playing once I'd been to every location and seen every item, which didn't take very long.

Anyway, we could compare Gothic to a Shakespearian sonnet and Morrowind to a novel by Dickens; hopefully we don't have to conclude that one of those is better than the other.

(But I do have to say that if it took 10 hours of travel between the Ashlander camps, then you're not using fast travel options to good advantage; and if you do walk, then the intervening spaces are not empty, but rather dotted with tombs, ruins, caves, shrines and towers, if you keep your eyes open.)
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:29 am
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander

Also, I do not agree on the thing about Morrowind - Morrowind is boring; it's too empty, and more cities lead to more walking.. boring walking that is.. Gothic I is a lot more fun, and replayable, than Morrowind due to the fact that you've always got something to do, where you don't have to walk across an entire map to do it, example:

i complaetly agree with u...i got bored of Morrowind the first hour i played it to tell you the truth...i just couldn't get into it like i could in gothic. but i still say that only 3 towns is boring...morrowind has too many, thats true, but i still think one or two more towns or camps would make it a lot batter:)
Post Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:37 pm