Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Hey Jowood put Gothic 2 on XBox you'll make more money ...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Kabduhl
quote:
Originally posted by Brolli999999
sorry but xbox is the worst console ever made its large heavy uncomfortable controller , bad selection of games the only thing they have is Halo but you cant keep saying that cause its to old now , the xbox is dead the only reason why its still going is because bill gates just keeps putting out money so he wont let it die , but to the ppl its dead no use wasteing your time on that console.

Gothic should stay on pc only console's get everything , long live pc

Sorry, your assumption that your opinion is the truth is indicative of several facts about you:

1. you are arrogant
2. you are a little kid
3. you are misinformed

XBox is number 1 console in sales in Europe, Number 2 in North America and number 3 in Japan. XBox is pretty far from dead. The initial offering of XBox live was a huge financial success and the service will continue to expand. Sure in Japan XBox is nowhere near as popular as Playstation and Gamecube but XBox games generally appeal to a more western audience anyway. Whcih is good ... I'm sick and tired of weird nonsensical Japanese games.

So many great games are heading for XBox as well.

XBox BOUGHT RARE ...

So kindly and respectfully mr. brolli999999 ---> get a clue sir.

For the record I prefer PC games to most console games (because of their complexity) but the more PC style games that come to XBox the better as far as I'm concerned. I'ts a lot cheaper to get an XBox than to get a new PC.

takes this a little to seriously whos the child?
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:32 am
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

just backing up my opinion and I was bored ... oh and always starming...
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:18 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Please, folks, think before you post. Discuss facts: yes.
Call each other names: no.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:43 am
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Please, folks, think before you post. Discuss facts: yes.
Call each other names: no.

aw give me a hug
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:50 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

There's a hug for all of you, kids, and now behave .
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:51 am
Jay
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Surely the best thing for Gothic is for it to be released on as many formats as possible. Every extra sale helps. And I cannot believe that the X-Box is the best selling console in Europe. Playstation 2 is as big as ever here. GTA Vice City was the biggest game released last year, and the X-Box games sections are getting smaller and smaller.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:02 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Personally, I'd sell my PS2 any day if it wasn't the shop's. I prefer our Xbox by a wide margin. But that's it, a matter of preference.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:47 am
Brolli999999
City Guard
City Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
There's a hug for all of you, kids, and now behave .

no just i get a hug right jaz just kidding around
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:51 am
Mullinator
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

XBox is number 1 console in sales in Europe, Number 2 in North America and number 3 in Japan. XBox is pretty far from dead. The initial offering of XBox live was a huge financial success and the service will continue to expand. Sure in Japan XBox is nowhere near as popular as Playstation and Gamecube but XBox games generally appeal to a more western audience anyway. Whcih is good ... I'm sick and tired of weird nonsensical Japanese games.

So many great games are heading for XBox as well.

XBox BOUGHT RARE ...

lol there are only 3 console systems anyway right now, and Europe is not as big on console's as Japan and North America. So if you ask me XBox is not doing all that well considering the amount of money that has been poured into it.

And about RARE being bought... I heard rumors that alot of the developers at the company have been thinking of leaving since Microsoft bought them out.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:42 pm
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

"XBox is number 1 console in sales in Europe"

Well, that's too funny. Not even Microsoft would claim that as their system is being clearly outsold by the Playstation.
Post Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:21 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes... not that I care, but i just want to point out the power of google.

I typed in, x-box sales in europe.
According to Microsoft on a msn page, Xbox is now the #2 selling console in europe having overtaken the gamecube.
They had a strong christmas or something and are now #2 ....
Post Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:50 am
Kabduhl
City Guard
City Guard

I stand corrected ... still pretty far from being dead ... who cares about the Jap market anyway? PC devs have never worried about how well their new release will do in Japan why should devs for XBox be any different. I personally think they should continue to purposefully cater to US and European markets and keep bringing us in depth player created event driven titles ... rather than cheesy anime in video game form ...

Just the fact that Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3 are coming to XBox is enough to make me glad I bought that big black beasty of a box.
Post Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:01 am
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

Im kinda sick of consoles, I know its closed minded but...
Im a major PC enthusiast and im sick of the console hordes talking like they know more about ONLINE games and MODS and especially our own games ... Even Morrowind wasnt made for xbox it was made for pc. I feel sold out because DX2 and Theif 3 are coming out on xbox first ... half the people who use those consoles dont know what they are!
And if Gothic 2 comes out on xbox sure it will boost sales but then these forums will be flooded with little kids.
K well thats off my chest now ... Please dont flame me its just an opinion.

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:46 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You have a right to word your opinion.
Well, I for my part grew up as a console kid (i.e., with Pong and the Atari 2600) and discovered the PC as a gaming platform much later. Most PC game freaks I know hate consoles while I don't care about the platform as long as I like the game. From the early 90s on I always had both a console (or rather, several) and a PC for gaming purposes. Each has its merits. I like, for example, shooters, RTSes, beat'em ups, jump'n runs, RPGs and adventures, and IMO there are platforms suited a lot better to one kind of game than the other. I use consoles primarily for beat'em ups and jump'n runs while it's PCs for adventures and RTSes, you get the gist.

While I think different platforms are better suited to different game genres, I don't think it hurts to publish a game for more than one platform.
Post Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:14 pm
Arexen
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Just the fact that Deus Ex 2 and Thief 3 are coming to XBox is enough to make me glad I bought that big black beasty of a box.

Let me remind you that the "big black beasty xbox" is only the size of a VCR and packs a good amount of power into its processings. Sure the games are bad (minus several notable ones), but its only a matter of times before Microsoft cleans up their act and produces newer, better games (i.e. Halo 2, Fable...) and that time is close at hand...
Who cares about sales and other's opinion? Quality is all I care about...
(and thats why the only games I have for the Xbox are Halo and Splinter Cell)
Post Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:15 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next