View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

First timer / orc weapon story/ question

Greetings to all

This is my first time posting and just hope I am doing this correct.
If I make any mistakes...I do apologize.
I am a newbie to gothic and I have to say a marvellous, fantastic, addictive game that left me sleepless for the past few nights

I;ve been to this forum a few times and I have to say its a great forum with great members, great discussion and I've decided to join in among all you Gothic fans.

As for the game aspect....I have reached the point where i can join any of the three camps. I made one MAJOR SAVE then reload and tested all three camps and all three accepted me

So far so good, after reloading my major save point , now I am standing in the middle of nowhere "on somesort of a plateau" just southwest of the OC.
Right above me, is where those d**n bloodhounds are and on my right is a narrow bridge.....from a distant, it looks like abt 6-7 little goblins waving at me.

Shrat is loyally and patiently waiting by my side...don't know why..just love that guy..after i saved him from the 3 swampsharks...almost got myself killed...I guess That made me kinda got a attachment to him...that;s just me.
I don't know, but my bone arrow dont even seems hurt the swampsharks.

Anyway...one question is that...while I was making a final desicion on which camp to join.....i venture into an area.......just in front of Cavalorn's hut...a path leading to a small lake with an orc statue - killed 3 snappers and 1 lurker and met 3 orcs.

One orc warrior chased me...I panic and ran allll the way into the old camp main entrance - well..I provoked him tho...I shot a few arrows at him

He chased me all the way into the old camp...I hid behind Diego and it was no help
Somehow...3 shadows and Thorus manage to kill him...then 2 shadows came and beat the crap outta me. I thought they'll protect me..guess they got pissed off that I lured the orc into the came. LOL I love this game !!!
BUT...I manage to obtain the Krush URrok belonging to the dead orc warrior.

How powerful/useful is this weapon at my stage? It seems to be the most powerful I've obtain so far. I realize that there will be more better ones coming up later. I would also prefer to save my ores for better armours.

I am now

Nuetral
level 7
strength 45
dexterity 28
1h lev 1
bow lev 1

and I have 15 skill point saved.

I have not saved yet.....becoz.. Shrat is gone and I'll prob have to go rescue him from the swampsharks again LOL..I just enjoy having him around. As for Mud.......his is irritating but basically OK to me. I never hurt him once...guess I am too nice LOL

If this weapon is useful..I dont mind risking thru the whole routine again
thanks
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:31 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Welcome to the Gothic boards. Never met someone who actually enjoyed having Mud follow them around without trying to lead him into a pack of snappers.

The orcish Krush weapons are crude and cheap, but quite effective. The Krush UrRok has a respectable damage rating of 55. The only other better 2H weapon you can reasonably expect to find at your current level and chapter is a Rusty Two-Hander, which has a damage rating of 61. You will have to come across this weapon in your travels throught the land, as it is not sold by any trader.

Of course you can also attempt to forcibly remove even better 2H weapons from the high level fighters at the various camps, but that might be quite difficult for your character to manage at this stage.
Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:29 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to the boards.
The best weapon you can get right now is a Custodianīs Blade from the Sect Camp. There is a trick how to get it for free. I guess you want to find this out yourself.
Swamp sharks are very strong. Donīt fight them now.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:53 am
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Hey OctU and Gorath

Thank you for the nice welcome and the great hints
I will definitely do my best to look for either one of the weapon you both've mentioned.

I love hints as it does give me a slight push towards an objective rather than having spoon fed. I only resort to walkthrus if I am lost at what to do for 5-6 hours which do get immensely frustrating.

Well....I don't really enjoy mud aroundly , honestly speaking LOL..I just tolarate it. I am actually a VERY patient person and gamer.
There are times tho, when I feel like kicking his ass I got a very suspicious feeling that I may be just doing that very soon

Shrat is a different case.....a perfect companion. He is quiet and looked valiant. He DID help me attack the molerats and scavengers and bloodflies....but anything stronger than these,,,,he scampers off

Its just too bad i can;t directly "deal" with his stats/skill or else it will be really cool stuff.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:31 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well with a little bit of cheating or taking him to harmless creatures he might get nice levels and after that u can count on him also to kill hard creatures
Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:50 pm