Bandit Raid
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
AlucardHellsing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bandit Raid

Hi this is my first post though I'm not new to the forum, I've been reading them since I played the first Gothic over a year ago. I have the English Version of Gothic II now but I've run into a problem and I'm hoping you can help.

Can someone please tell me exactly how to find the bandits for the Bandits Raid Quest. I'm trying to complete all the quest to join the theives guild and that includes the Fishmonger one. I've looked all over for the stupid cave where the three bandits should be but I can not find it. I've looked at Ellusion's FAQ but using his direction I can't find it. I don't think that stupid, I just graduated from College today Can someone give me better directions or even better just tell me the waypoint code. I don't like using cheats but I'll make an exception for this one, I've seriously spent hours looking for this stupid cave. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:12 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Congratulations for graduating!

The cave is easy to find. (I hope I'm thinking of the same cave here... ) Just exit the city of Khorinis from the front entrance (the entrance you went through when you entered the city for the first time). When you go out this exit, turn right and follow the wall. Follow it until you reach a slim opening on the right side just before a Black Goblin's camp. Follow this furrow in the mountain on your right, and you'll eventually run right smack into a cave. That should be the cave you're trying to find. The cave is located almost on the other side of the mountain wall on the left side of the harbor area near the ship.

Can anyone confirm this is the cave he is trying to find?
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:42 am
AlucardHellsing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks SirDeity for your fast responce, I checked out that cave though and I don't think that is the right one. I could not find any fish in there. Though it was a cave I did not know about. Does anyone else know the location of the cave I'm looking for? It should have 3 bandits and there should be a special fish somewhere in the cave. Thanks
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:13 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Bandit Raid

quote:
Originally posted by AlucardHellsing
Can someone give me better directions or even better just tell me the waypoint code. I don't like using cheats but I'll make an exception for this one, I've seriously spent hours looking for this stupid cave. Thanks for any help you can give me!

The bandit's cave is at grid H7 of this map. (compiled by linkitch, image is stored in my webspace) To get there, you can follow my poorly-written instructions below. I wrote them several months ago and I didn't check it. So if you're confused, just tell me.

Click on "Step #" and follow the red arrow in my pictures. Ignore the cyan arrows -- they only show where the major landmarks are.

Step 1
- Start from city's East Gate.

Step 2
- Keep following the path.

Step 3
- Eventually, you'll see a staircase on your left. (If this is the first time you come here, you'll encounter a green goblin as well.) Climb up the stairs.

Step 4
- Turn left.

Step 5
- Keep following the path, until you see a cave on the left. That cave is bandit's cave.

Step 6
- Good luck.

QUOTE ENDS

If you really can't find it, and cheating is fine for you, the waypoint for the cave is NW_FOREST_CAVE1_IN_01

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:19 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Is the fish you're looking for a herring?
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:29 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
Is the fish you're looking for a herring?

I don't know. It's called something like "Strange Fish" in the inventory. After you "use" the fish, the fish will convert into a letter, which is the key for this quest.

P.S. Is your signature scripted? It changes every time your "rank" is upgraded.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:30 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Oh! Isn't that the fish that you use to have the fish merchant thrown in jail or blackmail him in exchange for more "special" fish?

Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:34 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
Oh! Isn't that the fish that you use to have the fish merchant thrown in jail or blackmail him in exchange for more "special" fish?

Yes. You use that letter to blackmail Halvor. Were you talking about the wrong fish in your last post?
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:36 am
AlucardHellsing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks Kiwi Boy that was the one! Your direction were fine, didn't need to use the cheat which is always good. Good Luck With your schooling, it feels like it will take forever to graduate in the beginning but now it feels like I was a freshman just yesterday. Now I just need to find a job!
Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:43 am