Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Busted, can't endgame... no Alia appears?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
MikeTheRed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Busted, can't endgame... no Alia appears?

Hi folks,

I've read the walkthrough a bunch and I can't get my game to end. The walkthru said that Alia should appear when I walk up to the forcefield at the Ysilde fort. Of course, I didn't read the walkthru *before* doing this, and I had not yet solved the death puzzle, of who killed the queen etc.

I went through the forcefield and cleaned out the whole Ysilde fort, then read the walkthrough when I found I only had 4 of the Akbaa rocks for that final puzzle door.

At that point I read the walkthrough, then went back and talked to the guy (Ennoit?) in the Outpost bar, then visited his place, got the letters, talked to Carlos, talked to the king, and also tried talking to the queen of the snakewomen, as well as Alia (no response out of the latter two. I like how Alia says 'huh!' depending where you touch her, though).

Anyway, no Alia shows up when I go to where the forcefield had been. Also there was no priest at that first Ysilde fort level, there were only two Ysilde. (The walkthru says a priest there carries an Akbaa rock, so that must be the missing one.)

Help?

Mike
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:39 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Someone noted on this forum that if you don't have the properly enchanted metor sword the preist won't show up... So make sure to do that properly.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:15 am
MikeTheRed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks... I made my sword from two parts mithril chunks + 1 part kolkt powder, and then enchanted it with a dragon egg... it's been glowing since I enchanted it, so I would think I did it ok.

Any more ideas anyone?
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:43 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Actually I though I enchanted it too but it ended up I didn't... When you don't enchant it, yet apply the egg on it it becomes green (I think) and then when you enchant it it becomes blue.

I don't quite recall, but anyway, make sure you enchant it in addition to using the egg on it, something people often miss.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:56 pm
MikeTheRed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Now that you mention it, I had to try a whole bunch of combinations of what to point at and/or double-click and/or etc. until I got to something that seemed to work... and yes, I think the sword is green.

Is there a little guide to enchanting? Or is it trouble for you to say? Stuff like, do both items have to be on the ground in front of you... do you double-click (or what) on the egg or the sword right after casting Enchant? and then what? etc.

Thanks! -- Mike
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:31 am
Vistralan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by MikeTheRed
... and yes, I think the sword is green.

Is there a little guide to enchanting? ...

use the enchant object spell or scroll (the scroll can be obtained at the twin merchants on the level 5 caves
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:43 am
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

If your sword has a green glow you are half-way through towards making the Ultimate Weapon...
...Just equip the green-glow weapon and either cast enchant object (if you have the runes and have your magic skills high enough) or use a scroll, then go to your stat screen and click on your sword - before you click on the sword you should note that a triangle appears in the middle of the "enchant cursor" meaning that using the spell is possible on the object.

This SHOULD work and the sword should turn blue as Red mentioned below.
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:23 pm
MikeTheRed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, Detori, Vistralan and Red... this finally got it for me. I had been thinking that 'Enchant Weapon' was something done WITH whatever was being 'added' to it... not that the two things were done separately. So all I had managed to do in all my clicking, was just to apply the dragon egg to the sword... I hadn't done any enchanting at all.

The sword turned blue when I used a scroll on it, and Alia appeared and I got the very long cutscene... and the priest with the fifth rock of Akbaa was patiently waiting for me

On to the endgame... thanks everybody!

Mike
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:45 pm
sunshine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What a coinsidence , i did the exact same thing

thanks!
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:55 am