Members
Usergroups
Gothic 2 Addon: New Screenshots @ site update
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

Gothic 2 Addon: New Screenshots @ site update

The official site for the <a href="" target="_blank">Gothic 2 Addon 'Die Nacht des Raben'</a> will launch today, even though a beta version was online for a week already. The site has been updated with 4 new screenshots, which we have mirrored in <a href="http://newspics.rpgdot.com/galview.php?level=3&sort=&from=0&d2=778&d3=Screenshots&d4=&d5=" target="_blank">our gallery</a> as well and a new station on the tour, teh new world, which includes a 3D shot as well as a hidden link to anotehr panorama shot...
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:22 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Is this gonna come out in the states before 2005?
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:23 pm
Garrett

In fact, it hasn't been at all announced in English language yet...that is all in JoWood's hands, but it would surprise me, if it wouldn't make it into English language.

On the other hand there is no English content of the addon site yet...

If Gothic 2 sells well outside German/Austria/Switzerland, I am sure Atari will pick up the addon again and other titles by PB.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:26 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Very cool.

Based on that desert screenshot, it looks like Razors are back!
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:58 pm
hoyp::.

The desert screen looks awesome.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:15 pm

methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I,for one,cannot believe how they screwed up the distribution,in English,of one of the best rpgs ever.Dosen't effect me cause I live in Germany but if I didn't,I'd be livid.The co-ordination in translation from German into English was a corporate mess.It took way to much time.It dosen't surprise me at all that publishing companies are dropping like flies(going broke).Thats what happens when you mix creativity with "the suits".
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:50 am
Garrett

methusala: the translation itself did not take long at all. Early in january, Kai told me the english version was done.

It was solely JoWood who took so much time to secure a distribution deal for outside German speaking territories and now it is Atari who delays the title in the US for no obvious reason.

This must the 1000. time I say this
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:13 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Gothic 2 Addon: New Screenshots @ site update

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett
which includes a 3D shot as well as a hidden link to anotehr panorama shot...

um.. Where is that "secret" Panorama shot? I could only find a 3D shot of the canyon and a rendered image of the temple ruins. The temple ruins image looks kind of unfinished. I hope that the Fangheuschrecken will look better in the real game.

Well, seems to me that both JoWooD and Atari are not very enthusiastic to the game. Two months have passed, and we still don't see any patch or demo released by the publishers. Despite their lack of enthusiasm, let us hope and pray that the English addon will come out within less than a year.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:09 pm
Garrett

KiwiBoy: Take the tour (Entdeckungsreise) and there the second stop (Station II: Die neue Welt)...there click the logo which says 'Die neue Welt'.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:21 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett
Take the tour (Entdeckungsreise) and there the second stop (Station II: Die neue Welt)...there click the logo which says 'Die neue Welt'.

Oh. That's the temple ruins image. Is it a finished picture? The Fangheuschrecken in that pic looks pretty "simple".
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:34 pm