Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Merchants that can afford High Value Items?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
XmirroR

Merchants that can afford High Value Items?

OK, I have seen this mentioned in a number of sub-topics... But can't find it as a definitive topic... Course deciding how to phrase the search, wasn't helping... So I'll just ask it outright...

Um, is there any merchant with enuf cash to buy the nicer high priced weapons and armour???

I have seen a MOD that will increase their funds, but I am dead set on playing the game ONCE all the way thru without any MODs... Since I work a great many hours each weekday and often on weekends, I am thinking it will take me a good longtime to get thru the original game, and by that time, I'll be able to find dozens of well-reviewed MODs and pick and choose from them...

In the mean-time however, are there any legitimate merchants who will buy this stuff... Of Course the other drawback... is no place to drop stuff that it wont disappear... The "Vault" MOD, or "Bank" MOD seems like a good idea... I am sure they are out, but again... No MOD-ing the first time around...

Sorry to rehash stuf over and over... But any advice would be helpful...

-= XmirroR =-
Post Sun May 19, 2002 8:08 pm

HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Creeper in Caldera has 5000g onhim and pays full value for items. To sell a very high priced item for full value, it will take some time....

sell him some less valuable items, 3k-5k and resting 24hours between each so his cash restocks, and then buy them all back.
he will have all that moola from you buying stuff, so now sell him that high ticket item. Come out ahead of the game.

And i have a nice mod that puts a nice personal storage warehouse right below the silt strider in Blamora, if you want to use it later on.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 8:22 pm
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

just put an item in a barrel or something where you will remember it. So far my items havent dissapeared

Don't you feel better now?
Post Sun May 19, 2002 8:45 pm
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think you should re-consider the 'No Modding first time around' protocol you have set for yourself.

I feel the same way about wanting to experience the game the way the devs created it. However, I did go ahead and add the Balmora House to my game because I don't think it unbalances anything and it is really nice to be able to store goods that I can't sell or want to hold on to. This is the only mod I will be adding to my game, aside from Bethsoft plugins, this first time I go through.

Any way you do it, just have fun!

Zaal

Yes, that's my face; I'm constipated.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 10:35 pm
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I mostly agree on playing through vanilla the first time.
I've found however that there CAN be a use for mods.
You just have to draw a line yourself between something usefull and at the same time not unbalancing the game and cheats or major unbalancing plugins.

I myself use one plugin, to change the difficulty:
- less exp for fighting skills
- mobs are harder (10-25% more hp and combat skills)

But I stay away from mules, running speeds, more money, etc, cause they make the game into something it wasn't ment to be...

2c
Post Mon May 20, 2002 10:20 am
Pinthar

MODS

Yeah, Im making a MOD to have all women take off thier clothes when I enter a room, and then bow down and pay me 1000 gold. I'm also going to make a stronghold to store all the stuff I've been aquiring. My little hole of a dungeon is just too damn small. The creators have just created a monster in me...bah haahahahhha w00t
Post Mon May 20, 2002 8:51 pm

Delmonte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am in much the same position trying to play thru without modding. Though the idea of taking the house on does appeal. It seem to me that having somewhere to display your trophies will add something to the game especially since the really valuable items cannot be sold anyway. I have not done it yet because I am wondering whether some of the quests give you your own storage location anyway and putting my own in might spoil the fun.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 9:29 pm
whodat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Here’s a suggestion for ya; edit all the high priced items so you can sell them for cheaper. Nothing in my game is over 5,000 so I can easily sell everything I come across to most shopkeepers. It doesn’t take long to do. I just quickly went through and pasted 5,000 on everything higher. I think giving a merchant more money is stupid since it makes the game too easy to max out all your training arts.
Post Mon May 20, 2002 11:10 pm

Why do you need a mod to have a house?

There are a few quests that have you killing people in their homes. Once they're dead, it's your house. Use the chests in the home and your stuff stays put. Sleep in the bed and no one says anything.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 4:15 am

Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

This is true, but it can be fun to mod your own house in a town and feel like you belong

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Tue May 21, 2002 5:46 am
aLpHa

I agree. Killing someone and then taking over their house just doesn't feel right. I'd rather have a house that truly belongs to me. I don't see why ppl are avoiding mods. If a mod makes u'r gaming experience funner, and doesn't unbalance the game, then why not use it? Ppl shouldn't avoid mods just cause of the sheer fact that u'r altering the game. just my opinion.......
Post Tue May 21, 2002 8:36 am

Morandil
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The only reason I would use a mod to enable more money is because of the exhorbitant cost of enchanting. Collected more than enough money in the game 'as is', except for the purpose of enchanting high level items. If this were less expensive, or if I seemed to be able to enchant anything myself (granted I only have ~50 enchant, but really), I wouldn't care.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:44 pm

Bleah.

The lack of vendor gold may be the single most irritating thing about Morrowind (the NPC's just standing around 24/7 is lame, but not terribly irritating). I hate finding a piece of sweet armor laying around in a dungeon or on an enemy and seeing that it's worth 12,000 gold. I usually just throw it on the ground and leave it, knowing that no one in the gameworld will buy it.

I guess sometimes I'm just too stingy to throw away a daedric cuirass or something, so I haul it back to my quarters and dump it in a chest. I found a piece of armor last night "The Lord's Cuirass" which is worth 100,000 gold! Luckily, it's light armor, and better than the glass cuirass I was wearing previously, so I probably won't be getting rid of it any time soon But I can't get rid of my old glass cuirass now. So I dumped it in a chest back at my pad.

Bleah.
Post Thu May 23, 2002 6:38 pm

bman

real problem

The real problem is really that items are overvalued. I mean come on a dagger that does 50% more damage and has soul trap integrated on it is NOT worth 12000 gold! If they lowered the cost of it, then they could lower the cost of enchantment.

I also will play it through the first time "vanilla". I have only used the editor once to fix a broken, bugged quest. But that's my cup of tea.

I want to see what the upcoming patch will address before doing too much editing. Still, naked women mods sound like fun!
Post Fri May 24, 2002 5:40 pm

My house is the house that belonged to the Orc that I had to kill for the Fighters guild in Balmora.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 6:59 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next