View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Lostsheep
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Noob Stuff

My first time playing game.
I'd be grateful for any tips on who it's best to apprentice to in Khorinis.
Also,as I'm finding Gothic 2 to be not the easiest game to get to grips with,do you think it would be easier first time through to play as a Paladin or as a Mercenary.
Thanks.
Post Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:04 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Since this is your first time I advice you to work for Bosper as an apprentice. You'll get the full price for animal skins and this will take care of the money problem you might experience in the beginning.

It's totaly your own choice which faction you join, although I advice you not to begin as mage. I played mercenary my first time, but no one will find it odd if you join the paladins first time. Just pick the group you feel most for.
Post Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:49 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

If you normally enjoy sticking sharp sticks in your eyes, dropping heavy objects on your feet, and basically living a life of pain.........play as a mage

The easiest is paladin, then merc, then mage. Play all 3 You won't regret it.

I hate to give out spoiler info, so I will only give you a hint.....LOOK EVERYWHERE, ASK EVERYONE, AND SAVE SAVE SAVE.....and save in different slots. Your goals should be to solve the quest......but save save save before any decision or fight.

By the way, did I mention you should SAVE often, and in different slots??????????

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:46 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
If you normally enjoy sticking sharp sticks in your eyes, dropping heavy objects on your feet, and basically living a life of pain.........play as a mage

The easiest is paladin, then merc, then mage. Play all 3 You won't regret it.

I hate to give out spoiler info, so I will only give you a hint.....LOOK EVERYWHERE, ASK EVERYONE, AND SAVE SAVE SAVE.....and save in different slots. Your goals should be to solve the quest......but save save save before any decision or fight.

By the way, did I mention you should SAVE often, and in different slots??????????

Just in case you're not so good in noticing subtle hints. Uriziel is giving you the advice to save often, in many different slots.
Post Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:58 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I hope you are talking about Gothic 2 and not the addon Night of the Raven which makes the game about 3 times more difficult by reducing exp recieved, increasing monster damage/health and lowing stat increases, Ekkk!

So I also suggest Bosper, thou I would limit most of the other hunting skills as Learning Points are limited.
Most people average about 40 - 45 levels which means 400 - 450 LPs, so you can plan out your Paladin/Mercenary.
I also suggest Paladin with Magic Damage not Magic Healing, there is tons of food and potions to buy and make.
Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:59 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I would recommend to go as the weaponsmith apprentice and as a mercenary: no greater freedom and more than enough money
Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:27 pm
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

Agree with all of you people.
Paladin - easiest one. You can become a paladni without even going out of the town (i guess)
Mercenary - Just gotta kill a few guys, and do some easy stuff for Torlof.
Mage - Pretty ennoying but very interesting.

And if you wanna try all of them i would suggest you to make a save where you are ready to join any "camp" .
I also agree about bosper. Lots of money.
I also can suggest you to think if what weapons you will use. Cuz sometimes you are 1h/2h/bow/crossbow each one 30% and you can kill a shadow beast.
But, well, i guess you know about that since i think you played Gothic 1 before starting Gothic 2.
Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:42 pm
Lostsheep
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for help everyone.
Yes,I am speaking of Gothic 2,unfortunately not been able to get hold of Gothic yet.
Good point about making major save before choosing guild.
So,I guess I'll save often,apprentice to Bosper,save often,be a Paladin,save often,play again,save often,apprentice to smith,save often,be a mercenary,save often,then see if I can manage as a mage third time.Not forgetting to save frequently.
Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:44 pm
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I would recommend playing as a mercenary the first time. It's a lot more fun than being a namby-pamby goody two shoes pally and there's a lot of freedom in being a merc. Also, the armour is really, really, cool. And you can be very, very tough.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:53 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I'd suggest you don't listen to anyone of us and just try. It's much more fun.

Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:09 am
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

i hope you know the risks of playing gothic and/or gothic 2!!!

In a way, i kinda regret I played the game. The problem is that this game was soooo good, that it made most of the other good rpgs seem like just a pile of crap compared to it. So if youre planning to play any other rpgs soon, then i suggest you play them first.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:41 pm
Rangehurts
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by kriksa
i hope you know the risks of playing gothic and/or gothic 2!!!

In a way, i kinda regret I played the game. The problem is that this game was soooo good, that it made most of the other good rpgs seem like just a pile of crap compared to it. So if youre planning to play any other rpgs soon, then i suggest you play them first.

Hahah, you are so right. I couldnt play any other rogs untill i beat each game more than 5 times. Right now i dont know what to pla. But good old Gothic is always here with me. Install and play.
Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:09 pm