Usergroups
About Mud. . .
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

About Mud. . .

In my most recent file, I hit Mud and he ran away. He eventually returned. I promptly hit him again and he took off like he was being chased by a fire demon . He never returned. I've looked by his hut and all around it and there is no sign of him. Do you know why this happened (all the hitting took place in the Old Camp)? I've had Mud run into the forest before, and then of course I'm not surprised when he doesn't come back, but this has never happened to me before.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:25 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

It may well be that Mud could be killed by some creature, as with the pc-hero, he starts the game with no level or exp points. I once had him with me (in an unedited, no cheat state) and he was almost killed. When he gets frightened an "apply_overlaymds_sprint" is applied.(try it in marvin mode) I think it is on a time out basis but i'm not sure. If you you really miss him insert VLK_574_MUD or if you sleep till next day or "set time" in marvin mode he should return to his hut, OCR_HUT_13. Do not forget that in cheat mode only one mud will function even if more are "inserted" (others will walk back to their waypoint in that fed-up, crouched shoulders diggers walk, unlike Shrat, you can insert several and all will follow you after speaking to them. - - - - - - good luck.
Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:14 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

I actually have had Mud attack me. I inserted and Ore Baron and killed him. Mud then said, "You've killed an Ore Baron!" and attacked me. I promptly did away with him.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:30 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Yeah man, this Mud is one cool guy. I prefer to edit his ab's more than any other character, I made him level 100 once and he really layed into 4 snappers without running off, he fights better than Shrat as a buddy, if you you level him higher his senses go better, he fights like a maniac, he goes paranoid, he actually enjoys it, Some guy! If during his assess character or monster (hidden in the game code) he finds he has a higher damage value or defence value, he will lay into anything.- - - I'm still experimenting with this (will he attack the sleeper)? (give him the hammer, will he attack the stone golem)? - - - we will see.
Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:50 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Mud, Mud, Mud

I hit the little guy and he finally disappeared on me too. After leaving the camp for a small side trip, I found him sitting outside his hut all sad and forgotten. I talked to him once and he was very mad at me. But he stayed away. Only did that one time.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:49 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Mud & I

If you hit Mud or Shrat just once, they will not be freindly with you any more
I have been attacked by both, just a stray arrow or one blade swipe and your out. - - - I have just watched in amazement as Mud killed the stone bridge golem all by himself, I gave him the orc hammer, then he layed into six harpies while i stood back and watched. the computer took over, he used his sword parry/defence tactic and dodged them in circles till they were all dead, this guy Mud is the ace. Even more than that he now keeps his level and his strength and his dex' etc' when i go to sleep in the old camp hut, I wake up inthe morning and go to the doorway and i see him running towards me (from his hut) I'm going to the end with mud (if i can)
Post Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:04 pm