RuneScape - Review @ JustRPG
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Kristophe
Obi-Wan Kermobi
Obi-Wan Kermobi

RuneScape - Review @ JustRPG

JustRPG's Wendy Gasperazzo reveals her <a href="http://www.just-rpg.com/default.asp?pid=1209" target="_blank">review</a> of the Jagez MMORPG - RuneScape... <br> <br><blockquote><em>It's rare for something that's free to come with no strings attached, and is actually fun to boot. An MMORPG called Runescape has decided to do just this. <br> <br>I discovered Runescape on some banner on a website, and I figured that it was something to pass the time. I didn't actually think it would be that good, but I tried it out anyway. I was mistaken. <br> <br> Runescape takes place in a fantasy world filled with goblins, undead, wizards, your typical stuff. The goal of the game (if there ever is one in an MMORPG) is to finish the quests that you are given, advance in your skills, and as always, become more powerful. This is done differently than normal, and since there the game is skill-based, not class-based, you can become proficient in all of them. <br></em></blockquote> <br> <br>Ms. Gasperazzo gives RuneScape an overall rating of 83% (for a breakdown of how the JustRPG rating system works, check <a href="http://www.just-rpg.com/default.asp?pid=1210" target="_blank">this</a> out).
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:37 pm
wiccaspeller

Somthing I disagree on.

Ive been a dedicated player of Runescape for 3 years and
I disagree with part of what you said.... you said

"Magic is one of the things I didn't really appreciate in this game. Each magical spell requires a set of runes to use, like the first spell requires one mind rune and one air rune. Each time you use a spell, the rune is used up. This wouldn't be so bad, except that the runes are a hassle to come by (or pretty expensive) and having to recharge your runes, especially at early levels because your magic is weak, can get really annoying. With runecrafting at higher levels it becomes a bit better, but not by much."

Runes are not expensive and all and you can find them on the ground in certain places, and low leveled monsters drop them, and when you get your magic levels up its way better not a bit better, i can hit 30's with magic, and at level 3 i was hitting 1's.

By the way runescape makes massive updates all the time adding new monsters, tons of new quests, and new mage armors and a new robe.

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:43 pm