Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
If SKIP killed, can I finish the game?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I found a way to get very good weapon in chapter 1.
If you strong enought to beat a shadow, do this.
There is shadow hut near the garbage dump in OC. Go into the hut and beat the shadow. There is a good chance that the near by guard will come after you.
However, that is the beauty, the nearest guards are the one inside the castle wall. I don't know how they did it, but they will Jump from the castle to get you. But they will fall dead on the garbage dump. 8-(
I found a battle sword from Skip and found a ligth crossbow from a guard.
You need to save b4 and try it at different time of the Day. I got (nothing, 1 guard, skip+1 guard, & Skip + 2 guards) on different tries.
You don't really need skip as all his belonging will be yours
But if he die, will it affect the comlpetion of the game?
If it does, you can still try this just pick the result when skip isn't falling
The guard's sword is not bad and you can get the free crossbow anyway.
When can I train crossbow? Can I crossbow without training bow?
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 6:58 pm

Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

haha!! thats a GREAT idea

its like legal cheating! (hey not your fault the guards didnt train acrobatics) and you dont have to enable some cheesy cheat to do it

Im gonna start a new game and try that
oh and no, skip is expendable

[ This Message was edited by: Shrapnel on 2002-01-14 13:04 ]
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:04 pm

can anyone answer my question about SKIP's role in the game progress?

Cause, if he die from fall, you can easily get 2K richer from his belongs.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:26 pm

Thanks for the answer
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:27 pm

Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

oh, he does give you 1 upgrade to armor, buts its not even mid-grade armor, you can survive without it until the next level of armor is available
(if you arent OC, then dont even worry(
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:29 pm

What about crossbow.
Can I train crossbow, without train bow?
Can I train crossbow at all in chapter 1without join any camp?
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:31 pm

unconstitutional
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Before I finally resorted to beating Mud senseless, I tried to get Mud into a situation where he'd kill himself.

First of all, Mud's health was near empty from by repeated punches (but i havent knocked him out yet). Now he follows me outside the North Gate, then along the West wall of the OC.

There is a cliff there, with a fence, but just 2 beyond the cliff in one area, is a ledge. I jumped to this ledge, and mud actually tried following me, except he forgot to jump

He falls a height that I've died before from at full health, but he survived somehow. I'm nto sure if acrobatics is involved, or what... but my grand scheme was foiled
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:32 pm

Uncon~
What do you meant by failed?
Did the guard fall with full health?
Or nobody fell?
as I said, you may need to try that in the different time of the day, bcz the NPC walking around, so It got be the moment when they are near the near the dump from the other side of the wall
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:44 pm

unconstitutional
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

On 2002-01-14 14:44, Anonymous wrote:
Uncon~
What do you meant by failed?
Did the guard fall with full health?
Or nobody fell?
as I said, you may need to try that in the different time of the day, bcz the NPC walking around, so It got be the moment when they are near the near the dump from the other side of the wall

Oh I didnt attemp to perform your trick- i'll try it tonight. What I was referring to was a separate attempt by me to get mud killed by falling
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:55 pm

Early on the game I was trying to kill mud,
But everytime I hit him, he ran away FAST.
So did try a cliff trick, could kill him, by he's got so little health left that I can finish him in one hit.
Unlike Dusty, mud cannot swim, many time I used swim to get him out of my back.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:02 pm

The first time through I was very careful when I killed mud.

I walked him out of the camp and out of view of anyone then I killed him.

My second time through I just killed him in the middle of town as soon as he spoke to me infront of everyone. It doesn't matter.

And as for killing Skip - if he was necessary to finish the game he would be immortal. Killing Skip doesn't matter except that you lose that shop.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:05 pm

Husko
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Heck, I got a orcs hammer and I'm still level 1 hehehe

I got it in a cave guarded by some of the large wolf things. i forget what they are called.

I've already killed two orcs with it and the large orc weapons i get from them still don't come close as being as powerfull as what i've already got.

[ This Message was edited by: Husko on 2002-01-14 15:21 ]
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:20 pm

Husko,
Can you tell us when and how did get that Orc Hammer.
What do you need to do to kill the "big wolf thing",can it be the orc dogs, they are too strong
Where is cave?
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:25 pm

Husko
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

well im at work right now so ill try to explain also, i did not mean level 1 i ment to say chapter1 and im at level 9.... what i did was leave the sect camp go up the hill... Pass the first bridge on your left, pass the sencond bridge on your left and you will find a path that runs along the side of the mountain. there will be one of those big wolf creatures. manage to kill that then continue up the hill
keep the the far right side of the mountain as far as you can go then it will open up and youll see something that looks like an alter or something. take a right in that area and youll have to kill alot of those wolf like creatures but its in a cave on the right guarded by about 4-5 of em.
it's tuff. i had to kill one. heal, kill another, heal etc but it's possible.

[ This Message was edited by: Husko on 2002-01-14 15:32 ]
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 9:30 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Whoever created this thread I wish you would register here so I could know your name...you are a genious!!
I read this thread yesterday at work, went home and tried it. I was actually laughing out loud when it worked...EXACTLY like you said: Whip on the shadow in his own hut and about 5-10 secs later all you hear is:
*THUD*...*Groan*
*THUD*...*Groan*
hahahahaha, I leave the hut, sure enough, Skip is laying assed out in the dumpster, 10 ft from him is some unnamed guard.
So I tried it a few more times, it wasnt enough for me that it worked, I had to SEE it (hahaha).
Sure enough man, they dont just slip off... they LEAP off the wall, full sprint and everything and then...*THUD*
I went to loot the guard the 2nd time and Skip came sailing down RIGHT in front of ME
(LMFAO) so so funny
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:15 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next