Mortis won't train strength ... help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Mortis won't train strength ... help

Hey guys. I am currently an 11th level Militia member and I just started Chapter 2. For some reason, I cannot get Mortis to train me in strength. My current strength is 36. Is there per-chapter limit as to high it can be trained ?

Whenver I talk to Mortis I get no conversation options, only END. Is this normal at this point in the game? I seem to recall him offering to train me in strength earlier.

Please help because I don't know anywhere else at the moment where I can get it trained up...
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:42 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Mortis won't train strength ... help

quote:
Originally posted by elkston
Whenver I talk to Mortis I get no conversation options, only END. Is this normal at this point in the game? I seem to recall him offering to train me in strength earlier.

The limit is not chapter-related. Even in chapter 1, you can get up to 100 strength if you get the right teacher.

I don't know if it's normal or not. For my machine, I got an option "I want to become stronger." This really seems to be a bug for me.

I don't know. Perhaps it's time to go to the mines and head for the castle. Go visit Brutus and see if he'll help you.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:46 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I think this is a bug. Can anyone verify that this was a problem in the German version?

Again, I am in the Militia, Chapter 2, current strength is 36 and when I talk to Mortis I get no "I want to get stronger" opiton. There is nothing to do but end the dialog.

If this really is a problem, do I need Mortis for anything else in the game and can I find elsewhere to train my strength....

I'd like to know so I can continue playing without having to worry about this one issue....
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:51 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
If this really is a problem, do I need Mortis for anything else in the game and can I find elsewhere to train my strength....

Mortis is basically useless after you finished all of Lord Andre's quests. Lord Andre has only four quests, and all of which can be done in Chapter 1. So, if you finished all the quests given by Lord Andre, I think you didn't miss any opportunity to gain experience if Mortis is screwed up.

If Mortis is screwed up, you'll probably need to go to Brutus in the mine valley if you wish to gain strength. Brutus can be found at the former Old Camp. This workaround is very inconvenient, but perhaps someone else in this forum may help you.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:57 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy
quote:

Mortis is basically useless after you finished all of Lord Andre's quests. Lord Andre has only four quests, and all of which can be done in Chapter 1. So, if you finished all the quests given by Lord Andre, I think you didn't miss any opportunity to gain experience if Mortis is screwed up.

If Mortis is screwed up, you'll probably need to go to Brutus in the mine valley if you wish to gain strength. This workaround is very inconvenient, but perhaps someone else in this forum may help you.

Yeah, I finished all of Lord Andre's quests. I am actually headed to the Mine Valley now so it may be somewhat convenient...

I think somewhere along the way I did something that got the game state out of whack as far as the Mortis dialoguse are concerened. Whatever it is its in the savegame and thus the constant screw up of the dialog. Thanks for the heads up.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:05 am