Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Thorus - Was That Supposed to be Funny???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Thorus - Was That Supposed to be Funny???

Once I become a Guard Thorus tells me I have to "concentrate on Guard duties and stop running around serving my own needs" and he goes on to say "Its all about teamwork and I should do whatever tasks need to be done with the miners and protecting the ore."

Then there are literally no quests that are Guard related? In fact the only place I *can't* find anything to do is in the Old Camp!?!? I can't raise my Guard armour until I'm "ready". So I go off and do a bunch of quests the Swamp Camp, come back, and then the armor is avaliable. Huh???

Is this a Pirranah Bytes joke or something? I'm not amused I spent hours running around trying to do something "Guardish" to do and gave up. For all intensive purposes I ended up working for the Swamp Camp! Clearly it was main story line stuff, but come on!

Maybe I should off Thorus for this outrage? He is an incompentent administrator and I'd like his shiny armour.
Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:09 pm
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Guards guard. So ...

Just stand on the same place for about 100 hours, and Thorus will come and give you a nice certificate in a plasticframe. The scripting for this event is so secret and so hidden, even the developers don't know about it.
Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:08 pm
Provok
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

U! U! Yes! I did that too a couple of years ago! Right after my girlfriend dumped me (inflatable girls are simply not meant to like me) and my parents arranged for me to be guarded 24/7 by a 150 kg warden, I got promoted to Guard!

Oh man, how I pranced around throwing muffins and puppies at people! Ha HA! What looks they gave me when I would yell "Step aside, please!". Don't want to comply? Ha HA! *bash* *smash* *PUPPIE TERROR*. Yet every time these low-lives did not have any money. "You don't even have any ore, ya peasant!"

Then I went back home. I went directly to Gomez and vowed to protect him forever, and that's what I've been doing for the last 3591 hours. Why am I here? ... ugh ... After building another Outer Ring made out of the plastic from my awards, the dragons came. Oh how the Fiery Molten Plastic River Of Beliar ™ burned them all ... *sigh* ... *chuckle*
Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:02 pm
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Oh man....

I think I'm being mocked!
Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:34 pm
Provok
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by ToddMcF2002
Oh man....

I think I'm being mocked!

Nah ... I just liked Hindukönig's reply

It's your fault really ... look at the subject you put for this thread. I actually like it when new people come and discover the world/games of Gothic
Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:38 pm
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I'm an old G2 vet believe it or not. After I finished G2 about a year and a half ago I ebay'ed Gothic for $50.

I finally got around to playing it and glad I did! Great game.
Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:08 pm