Do you use walkthroughs? Read this...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
UnholyTrinity
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Do you use walkthroughs? Read this...

I have seen a couple of walkthroughs now, both incredibly detailed, and both meticulously presented (one of them even went to the pain of giving you screenshots of each location).

I use walkthroughs for very big games because otherwise I would never get to see out the story or truly advance because I literally don't have the time to put into it.

These guys do it for us. They go through everything and record it (which, believe it or not, is guaranteed to spoil their OWN enjoyment of the game).

And why do they do this? Because they are kind helping souls who have been through it all and want to make life easier for people who pass through after they do.

I salute them. I am fully convinced that the huge majority of players do not salute them, or even appreciate them. They just find a guide on the Net after they have been boring everyone's ass off with 'how do I do this bit?'. Never a please when they ask a question or a thank you when they get the info back.

Game guide gurus, you are the unsung heroes, and I for one appreciate the not inconsiderable amount of time you put into making life easier for us, even though most of 'us' are not worth spending the time of day on.

Good luck, and safe travels to all of you.
Post Fri May 24, 2002 11:35 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I don't often use walkthoughs, but I am exceedingly grateful to the people who have written the ones I have used.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 12:31 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Agreed. These people should be given big THANK YOUs. Most walkthrough pages have a place where you can click to send the creator an e-mail. I suggest that people send them an e-Thank You this way, to let them know how much they're appreciated.
Post Sat May 25, 2002 1:40 pm
Gothmog
Village Leader
Village Leader

I hate walkthroughs.

They take the challenge out of a game and rob you of that wonderful sense of achievement when you finally solve that problem thats been driving you to despair for the last week stopping all progress in the game and leaving you wishing you hadn't bought the thing in the first place.

I love walkthroughs.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 10:34 am