Tomb raiding
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Morandil
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Tomb raiding

Some of the books you find imply that removing items from Dunmer tombs have ill effects on/with the ancestral spirits. Has anyone found undesireable repercussions because of their tomb raiding?

I haven't yet, but sometimes I wonder. I felt bad (out of character) raiding some tombs once I read these books (I'm playing a Dunmer). Then, I ran into an NPC who actually wanted me to help him raid his own family's burial site. Now, I don't feel that it's too inappropriate for my character, but I wonder if there's some downside to such explorations.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 11:22 pm
DM
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The only downside I have heard of or experienced is destroying quests.
Sometimes these dungeons are part of quests, maybe you must retrieve an item or sth. Thus, you could make these quests impossible to complete by taking the item and losing it, selling it or whatever.
I don't have the patience to read all the books, so I didn't even know about that with the spirits.
I haven't seen the actual text, but maybe it means that the spirits(ancestor ghost for example) will attack tomb raiders who come to steal their family heirlooms?
Anyway, I have raided a number of tombs without having any problems with spirits messing with me.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 8:50 am
Morandil
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I haven't seen any immediate effects either, but the possibility of messing up quests exists, I'm sure. Just like exploring hideouts may get you to kill someone you needed to eliminate for a quest.

I was wondering if tomb raiding might effect your popularity with the native Dunmer tribes, or have some effect once you pass in to the Red Mountain area.
Post Fri May 17, 2002 2:27 pm
Evendel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'll tell you right now, sometimes when you're tomb raiding and you take a certain thing, you'll get jumped by Daedra. There was one tomb that had a skeleton on a slab with a glass dagger through it and three emeralds on a plate in front of it. When i tried to steal the dagger or the emeralds, i got jumped by two Deadric warriors and they cleaved me down pretty fast. So before you take anything official looking in the tombs, save the game
Post Fri May 17, 2002 6:06 pm
DM
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yep, that's right... Never found that in a family tomb grave, but there are special daedric ruins with a big statue and all in th middle. On the stone slab under the statue, are always some stuff. Take it, and a daedric lord spawns behind you.. When you kill them they drop some nice stuff.
What kind of dungeon was this? I want more lords to find, they're just meat for my grinder now...
Post Fri May 17, 2002 10:24 pm