Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Ok, I'm begging you guys for help!!!!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Ok, I'm begging you guys for help!!!!!!!

I was thinking about getting the game Gothic and I was on this board and they said I needed to get the latest drivers for my AGP voodoo3 video card. So I downloaded some drivers and tried to install them but I didn't think it worked so I deleted it off my pc and now I have no 3D and I can't even play some of my games at all. So can someone please give me a link of what I need to download and everything. Please be very detailed I am clueless with this stuff. Thanks.

P.S. I'm running on Windows 98. Please help me.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:50 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I had a Voodoo 3 3000, it was the most stabile most reliable card I have ever had.
Here is the link to get the latest driver for your card.
http://www.voodoofiles.com/3922
Just download and install.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:05 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You need some DirectX 8 compatible Win98 drivers for your Voodoo3. Get them on http://www.voodoofiles.com
Choose only drivers which were donloaded by some thousand others before and donīt have too much negative feedback.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2002-01-16 20:14 ]
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:13 am
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Well my problem is much worse now. I tried to reinstall the drivers and now after my windows98 screen comes up my monitor goes black and will not come back. I think I might need to find the original drivers and install them first. The problem is I don't know where to get the original drivers. I tried but there were like 5-6 of them and I didn't know what one to download. Can you help me? I guess I can go into safemode and reinstall them?
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:35 pm
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Go into fail-safe mode,just before the Win startup screen appears you press F8,then you'll have some options on what to start.
When you're in Win,right-click the desktop and go into preferences,change the graphics card to standard VGA.(don't remember exactly what it said...PCI something)
Reboot and you should be able to get into win properly so you can re-install the 3dfx drivers.
When it comes to 3dfx,never use the remove option in the control panel,it has *very* aggresive uninstall and usually does exactly what happened to you.(I was even forced to reinstall win once after doing it...)
Always make it a habit to first change driver to standard VGA before installing new drivers.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:26 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Couldnt have said it better myself
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:31 pm
Phear
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Try Fileplanet. The keep driver files as well as game updates and suchshit.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:43 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

One more time guys. Can someone please give me a link to the original drivers for a voodoo 3 agp videocard? I don't know what to download. I will use the links that were given to me but I need the voodoo 3 original drivers first before I can install updated drivers right?
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:45 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Wrong. 'Updating' a driver means replacing it.
The standard vga thing is correct. Avoids a lot of trouble.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:50 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Thanks a lot for your help I hope to be playing Gothic this weekend.
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:57 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Well guys thanks for the help but even after I installed the new drivers it was still messed up. I reinstalled Windows altogether. Back to normal but no games or music I had saved. Oh well. Hey I installed the new drivers that the above poster gave me a link to. When I clicked on the driver set up my pc started crunching for a min. and then it said I need to restart my pc before the drivers would work. Is this the norm? There was no clicking on next or any kind of set up at all. It just did it.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:37 pm